010: Monster Hunting

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

The teens unloaded everything into the house. They started by putting the Christmas lightbulbs back on the string. Then Jonathan nailed the bear trap to the floor in the hallway. Nancy loaded both the guns with the bullets while Jamie hammered nails into the baseball bat. Jonathan poured a gasoline trail from the living room to Will's room. While Jamie was finishing the bat, Jonathan and Nancy set the baretrap very carefully. Finally, Jonathan attached the yo-yo to the chair and Jamie found a lighter. 

Once they caught their breath Jonathan grabbed three knives from the kitchen. Their plan seemed crazy but they were sure it would draw that monster away from Joyce and Hopper. 

"Remember..." Jonathan said.

"Straight into Will's room. And-" Nancy continued.

"Don't step on the trap," Jamie responded. 

Nancy went on, "Wait for the yo-yo to move."

"Then..." Jonathan then lit the lighter.

All three nodded at each other. 

"You guys ready?" Jonathan asked.

Nancy gulped, "Ready."

"I'm always ready," Jamie responded. 

All three put their hands out and the knife ready. 

Jonathan takes a breath, "One...two..."

Nancy's eyes are filled with tears and Jonathan notices. 

"You don't have to do this-" He started.

"Jonathan, stop talking," She responded. 

"I'm just saying, you don't have to-"

"THREE!" Jamie shouts.  

The teens cut a massive wound on their palms.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Nancy was wrapping up Jonathan's wound on the couch while Jamie was putting the bloody rags on the floor for that monster. Then there was a faint creek in the distance. 

"Did you hear that?" Jamie asked.

There was a pause then Jonathan responded, "It's just the wind."

"I'm going to go to the bathroom real quick," Jamie told them. 

They both nodded at her and she shut the door. She didn't really need to go but just needed to calm down. She turned on the sink and splashed cold water on her. She then looked up at her reflection and touched the wound above her eyebrow where Steve had hit her. She sighed, she hated him yet she couldn't let it go. Couldn't let him go. Just then there was a pounding at the door. She opened the bathroom door and walked to the living room to see Nancy had the door slightly open. Jamie looked at Jonathan in confusion when she heard a very familiar voice. 

"No, no, no. Listen, I messed up, okay? I messed up, I messed up. Okay? Really. Please. I just want to make things right. Okay? Please. Please..." Steve was blabbering about. 

There was silence then he asked, "Hey, what happened to your hand? Is that blood?" 

"Nothing! It was an accident," Nancy quickly said. 

"Yeah, what's going on?"

"Nothing."

"Wait a sec. Did he do this to you?"