024: The Vents

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

3RD PERSON POV:

That next day Dustin would keep watch on those Russian guards while the others worked. When Dustin got back they all met at Scoops Ahoy where he told them what he found out.

Dustin said, "That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it." 

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin said.

"Well, you know...I could just take him out," Steve said.

Robin looked at him, "Take WHO out?"

"The Russian guard," He replied.

Both Jamie and Robin roll their eyes at him.

"What? I sneak up behind him, I know him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy," He explained.

"Steve, did you miss the part of how this guard is armed heavily?" Jamie asked.

"Yes, Jamie, I did. And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Well, last time I checked...you, um, how do I put this nicely? Have you ever, I don't know, won a fight?" Jamie asked.

"Okay, that was one time-"

"Twice. Jonathan beat the crap out of you junior year."

"That doesn't count."

"How does that not count? You also beat me up!"

"You hit me first!"

"Because YOU practically told everyone about my past..."

The two kept arguing while Robin turned her head and saw the vent. Dustin was trying to make the two stop arguing.

"That just might work," Robin said as she got out of her chair.

She ran to the front and grabbed all the tip money. Steve was shouting at her, asking what she was doing.

"I need cash," She replied.

"Well, half of that's mine," He argued, "Where're you going?"

"To find a way into that room, a safe way. And in the meantime, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up. I'll be back in a jiff."

She then ran off to wherever she was going. Dustin was licking Steve's scooper and Steve took it out of his hands.

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Robin finally got back from her adventure.

"It is fascinating what 20 bucks will get you at the County Recorder's Office," She started.

She then laid a blueprint down on the table, "Starcourt Mall. The complete blueprints."

"Not bad," Jamie commented.

"So, this is us, Scoops," She pointed to their location. She then pointed to the secret room, "And this is where we want to get."

"I mean, I don't really see a way in," Steve said.

"There's not if you're talking exclusively about doors," Robin said as she removed the first blueprint revealing another. 

Dustin looked at the new print, "Air ducts."