026: Caught

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇ What I Want ⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

╔══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══╗

3RD PERSON POV:

All 5 kids had been walking down the stupid hallway that felt like it would never end. Everyone was so confused as to why there was a Russian base but they weren't leaving without the answer.

"I mean, you have to admit, as a feat of engineering alone, this is impressive," Dustin said.

Steve responded, "What are you talking about? It's a total fire hazard. There's no stairs, there's no exit, there's just an elevator that drops you halfway to hell."

"They're Commies. You don't pay people, they cut corners," Erica said.

"To be fair to our Russian comrades. I don't think this tunnel was designed for walking," Robin added. 

"I agree. They have developed the perfect system for transporting that cargo. It all comes into the mall like any old delivery, and then they load it up onto those trucks and nobody's the wiser," Jamie said.

"You think they built this whole mall just so they could transport that green poison?" Steve asked.

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison. It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something," Dustin answered.

"What the hell is promethium?" Steve again asked.

Robin said, "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components."

"You're all so nerdy, it makes me physically ill," Erica commented. 

Steve got defensive, "No, no, no. No, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?"

"Why so sensitive, Harrington? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Jamie teased. 

"No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus," Steve argued.

Dustin corrected him, "Promethium. Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something."

"Or power something," Robin suggested.

"Like a nuclear weapon," Jamie said.

"Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great. That'd be great." Steve said sarcastically.

Robin continued, "But if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland..."

Jamie, Steve, and Dustin stopped walking as the two girls went on. All three had the same question in their heads. 

"You think the Russians know?" Dustin whispered.

"About the..." Steve hinted. 

"They could," Jamie said.

"So it's connected?" Steve asked.

"Maybe," Dustin answered.

"How?" Jamie asked.

"I don't know, but it's..." Dustin started.

All three said, "Possible."

Just then Erica and Robin stopped walking and turned around to the three.

"I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Robin asked.

The three just looked at each other and then back at the other two. Just then they heard Russians speaking coming from the walkie. Erica took the walkie out of her bag and Robin started repeating what they were saying.