Is it just me or is that guy having a panic attack?

Oml sorry this took so long but I literally had no motivation
The ppl in the DICORD SERVER(fucking join it now) had to bully me into writing it<3
Lovingly ofc

https://discord.gg/4PrUmsc6BY

Marc didn't know why it happened, he usually wasn't as trigger happy but the stress and the noise must have set him off..

Now he was trying to catch his breath tears building up in his eyes, hands and knees on the floor. When had he sat down? It felt like he couldn't move his limps, so he didn't. He could think properly, so he stopped.

-----

Meanwhile the Avengers didn't know what to do.

One moment they were arguing with each other and the next Marc Spector was on the floor. Worst thing was that they only noticed after Nat said something along the lines of

"Boys! Get yourselves together and either you help or out."

which turned everyone's attention to the man know kneeling on the floor.

"Oh fuck-,"

Tony didn't know what to do. For one he wanted to help the man, the others surely did too but he was restricted in the things he could do considering that Spector was a criminal. A mutated one at that. Who knows what could happen when his magic wind power got out of control.

As he was pondering upon what to do Spector just stopped at once which made Tony retreat a step back.

Spector just coughed a few times, quickly standing up again and brushing dust of his knees before his head slowly went up.
Tony felt like he had a Deja-vu.

Natasha took a step forward to which the others eyes widened a tad.

"Bullocks-, Oh gosh. I'm a big fan hello-"

Spector then took another look around, his face mortified.

"Hello fellow Avengers!"

"What the fuck."

"Language Steve, but yes. What the fuck, how did you go from Spanish to American and then to British with an horrible American accent."

"Wha-, You have a horrible accent!"

"I dont have an accent!"

"American."

"No! No fuck this. I dont care about what just happened explain yourself now!"

"Erm, what happened if I may ask-?

Tony started to stammer before closing his eyes and just walking out of the room.

Spector winced and mumbled a small sorry before he started fidgeting with his hands, Natasha took note of his behavior.

"Please start from the beginning again. We need to know everything about those Jackals."

"Ah yes of course miss-"

"Sam, Steve? Go after Tony me and Clint have it handled here."

"Nat with all due respect-"

"If you already start a sentence like that you can spare it until after we are done here. Got it Cap?"

He just sighed but followed her order on going after the other. Sam as well.

"Marc, come sit down please."

She gestured towards the living room area. She herself and Clint both sat down onto two Chairs so all that was left was the black leather couch.

"Ah yes, Thanks."

The man quickly hurried after them.

------

The couch Steven sat on was too spacious, it was awkward and oh my god BlackWidowAndHawkeyeWereSittingRightNextToHim!

Okay! Breathing.

Breathing was good and everything was going to be just fine and puppy's and hearts and why was Khonshu standing at the door menacingly-

The Widow interrupted his thoughts.

"I must apologize for earlier, I think you might've misinterpreted my tone or thought of it as triggering."

"Huh-?"

"Dude do you like-, really not remember?"

"Um, No Mr Hawkeye sir."

"Please, call me Natasha and him Clin-"

"Nope! I like Mr Hawkeye Sir!"

"You are such a child."

"At least I dont scare children."

Steven wouldve of expected more professionallity from two super spies. But who was he to judge-?

He watched the two bicker for a second only for the Widow to let out a deep sigh and turning back towards him. Her demeanor changed back immediately and even Hawkeye seemed to straighten up.

"From the top Spector."

Spector."

"The top?"

"..the Jackals."

"Ah! Well um-,"

He threw an an asking look towards Khonshu, ignoring how Hawkeyes head snapped towards Widows and they held some kind of silent conversation with eachother.

"Fear not worm. Those who protect the traveler's can be trusted."

Steven also tried reaching out to Jake and Marc but both didnt respond to him, did he mention how awkward this giant couch was?

"The Jackals. Well-, in the ancient Egypt they were some kind of death dogs? They served essential functions in the Egyptians understanding of what happened after death and acted as some kind of guides and protectors in reaching said afterlife-, Funny actually considering they tried to kill me haha-"

Clint threw another concerned look towards Nat.

"On itself the myths vary, naturally. And there's also Anubis who plays a big part in all that stuff! Even Wepwawet, Osiris, and Duamutef-, Oh! And the wife and daughter of Anubis! Cant forget about those heheh-

Did you know that there were nearly no female jackal gods, and if there were they most often existed in relation to Male deities? Roles and activities of the Gods largely reflect Male and female gender roles in Egyptian society-"

"Dios mio-, get to the point"

Steven immediately brightened up at Jake's sudden appearance.

"Well? Go on they're starting to stare."

"And you're probably not all that interested in that.."

He let out an awkward chuckle.

"Well we certainly dont mind, but getting to the actual point.. would be great."

"Hmm so Anubis and Ammit were expelled out of the Ennead, the group of the main gods, following an insurrection to seize total control of the whole soul judging.

Like, wether you are a 'good' or 'bad' soul, the equivalent of Egypt's heaven and Hell.

Anubis just kinda disappeared along the wait but Ammit waited and waited until she got ahold of a new Avatar-"

"Avatar-..? Are you fucking with us-"

"Ah! It's like-, funny I made that same face when I- They're like the mortal servant to a God and basically have to do whatever shit they want!"

"YOU-, YOU DO NOT NOW HOW MUCH DISRESPECT-"

Steven happily interrupted Khonshus screeching.

"And well, When We-..I~ Wei, when I fought Ammits Avatar he was able to release the-"

"Hold up-"

Hawkeye interrupted once again.

"You did what?"