progress.. fucking finally

Since the conversation the three of them had Steven had since moved from his cell to a Guest room that he was able to call his own. He hasnt really left his room but at the beginning of his new quater situtation Tony Stark had made it absolutely clear that without permission he wasnt able to open the door anyways.

Sighing he opened his eyes only to stare at a dark ceiling a quick glance to the side promised him another sleepness night, 04:13, since their nap in the cell they havent slept.

The other two were deep into their headspace after Steven showed them that he was able to actually handle himself. He hated how sometimes they'd actively leave him out of their buisness for his 'protection' allthough Steven was just as capable as them. Especially Jake, always trying to play thing off and still lying about shit when confronted by either Marc or him.

Steven rubbed his eyes with his hands before finally heaving himself off the bed.

He walked a bit through their new room. It was prety luxurious in comparison to where the Avengers could've of stored them away, there was a bed, a desk filled with paper but no pencils to write anything on it and a red lamp mounted on the wall right above the desek itself. On the wall to his left was a sparsely filled bookshelf containing only a few novels that Steven recognized their names of. What did catch his attention was the window, he wasnt able to open it properly but the sight was astonishing. Looking down he was able to see just how high up he was and the view from the window of the Avengers Tower itself offered a stunning panorama of New York City's bustling cityscape. Skyscrapers, busy streets, and landmarks like the Empire State Building are visible and Steven was even able to catch glimpses of the Central Park. It was honestly stunning.

Yet at the moment it was still dark, and flashing lights of cars and stuff just wasnt as humbling as the view with the sun illuminating everything.

"Excuse me uhhh.. Friday! Um may I leave my room please?"

"Good Morning Mr Spector-" a mecahnical and yet feminine voice answered from seemingly nowhere, "What is the purpose of your leave?"

"I'd like to eat something if thats fine?"

There wasnt a response for a few moments and Steven contemplated lying down again before the door finally swung open.

"You are welcome to join Mr Banner in the kitchen."

He offered the AI a small smile before making his way down to where he vaguely remember the kitchen being. The corridor itself was long and sleek, adorned with clean lines and modern aesthetics, the walls were paneled with dark wood, contrasting with the pale illumination. Occasionally, large panoramic windows punctuated the corridor, allowing glimpses of the New York City skyline, with twinkling lights creating a distant backdrop. He didnt really like Stark but the man obviously had a sense for aesthetics which Steven could appreciate. The lighting fixtures themselves were embedded within the walls which made light spill across the polished marble floor, creating a reflective surface on the floor. Finally the bight light of the Kitchen made itself known and Steven sheepishly knocked on the door frame as to not startle the man inside.

Banner looked up from his cup of tea and made a quick gesture with his hand invinting him in. Steven smiled once again and walked inside, pausing grabbing an apple and sitting down in front of the man.

"Hi I'm uh I'm Marc."

"Good Morning I'm Bruce Banner the um Hulk."

"Oh god this is so weird I-"

"Ha yeah.. Don't worry I won't turn big and green and try to kill you."

"What? No no I just, I love your paper on Egyptian Medicine and Healing Practices! Oh this is embarrassing haha.."

"An Ancient Legacy of Health and Wellness?"

"Yes that one! The concepts of anatomy and disease part was written amazingly, guess I'm well chuffed!"

The other finally smiled back.

"Thank you Marc, really. It's been quite a long time since someone brought that one up, it's usually 'The Effects of Gamma Radiation on Cellular Mutation and Genetic Adaptation' or something."

"Oh bollocks I haven't read that one yet I usually-"

Banner suddenly barked out a light lough shaking his head.

"No no, I'm happy. Really."

"That's good? I just really love anything surrounding the Egyptian culture and I stumbled across your paper. It's a wonder I remember that it's written by you, my memory isn't always all that great."

Bruce nods along and takes another sip of his tea.

"Egyptian culture huh?"

"Yeah.. you got briefed on the whole Khonshu thing right?"

"Ah Yes... Well... I won't lie, this isn't the most normal way for me to run into somebody. If you don't mind my asking, how did that happen?"

"Oh uh Great question!"

The others face quickly overtook a more of a concerned look.

"I am here for whatever you need to talk about. I have worked with people in tough circumstances and I try to be really non judgemental. I'm not going to judge you whatever happened, and I'm happy to keep what you share here private if that's what you want. But if you need to talk, I'm here to listen." he paused and took a deep breath "And I obviously know how it's like not being in control at all times."

A different kind of panic overtook Steven. It didn't feel anything like when he was interrogated by the two other Avengers but he felt bad for going to lie to the Scientist. Doctor Banner just seemed like a really nice guy.. Steven took a bite out of his apple before remembering to respond.

"I uh, I found this beautiful golden scarab artifact at the museum I used to work in and after that my memories sometimes got really fuzzy, and before I knew it there was this Egyptian God called Khonshu cooperating my Body to fight against a different God... it's honestly really crazy."

"Trust me I know crazy." Bruce chuckles, "But honestly I'm so sorry that happened to you and now you even got dragged down into our mess."

"I'm not too sure if it isn't our mess that you guys got dragged into.."

The smile the other wore turned into more of a grimace before he answered Steven.

"Trust me we'd probably manage to get involved one way or another. The team tends to attract.. frankly weird shit. Did they tell you about the Hamster incident it was-"

He was interrupted by the door swinging upon once again and Hawkeye entering the kitchen. The man looked tired and had tousled bed hair, he halted in his steps as he noticed the other two seated at the kitchen table.

"Morning.." he mumbled before continuing to make his way towards the coffee machine.

Uhhh this was supposed to be longer but I accidentally posted the chapter and have no idea how to delete chapters so yeah-, (on Ao3 so you get this as well)