1.1. A boring life for me

Being the Governor's eldest daughter you'd expect for me to have everything. Except I didn't, especially since I had a husband I hated. The feeling was mutual. Which is why we shared different rooms to escape each other. When he went out to see, those were my moments of bliss. My sister, Elizabeth, would be going through the same thing soon. When it became morning I blew my candle out. I threw open the curtains and opened the door. I had a knock on the door.

"Y/n, are you awake in there?" I heard Dad ask me.

"I am indeed." I said to him before he entered the room with two members of help.

"I brought you a new dress for the ceremony for today." He said to me, the help came in and helped me out. Dad left to go see Elizabeth.

"How are you feeling Ms Swann?" One of them asked me, I looked behind at her.

"Like I can't breath but I shall be fine." I said to her with a nod, once I was I started heading down.

"At least the boy has a sense of propriety. We really must be going." Dad said to Mr. Turner and Elizabeth.

"Mr. Turner." I said while nodding my head at him.

"Ms. Swann." He said to me with a nod.

"Good day, Mr. Turner." Elizabeth said to him.

"Come along." Dad said to the two of us and we went on our merry way. We got in the carriage and off we went. Life on Port Royal was quite boring, at the ceremony I was just praying for something exciting to happen.

"Two paces, March. Right about...face! Present...arms!" The person in charge of the empire asked before James started walking down. I saw that Elizabeth wasn't looking too good.

"Are you feeling okay?" I asked her as she was fanning herself.

"I'm fine." She said to me, I looked at her.

"I can tell when your lying." I said to her, something wasn't right.

"I'm just hot." She said to me, instead of watching the ceremony I was looking at Elizabeth. I was worried about her. After the ceremony we all wandered off.

"May I talk with you?" Sam asked me, he was the one who I was forced to be with.

"Of course." I said to him as we went off to the side.

"How long are we planning on keeping this up? Because I can't do it anymore." He said to me, he wanted to end this marriage as well. But we couldn't. Only in death.

"Whenever we want to end it. Although we'll be frowned upon." I said to him, he started talking to me but I tuned everything out. I was looking at Elizabeth who was walking with Norrington. She was leaning against the wall. This definitely wasn't the heat that was making her act this way. It was something worse but I had no idea what it could be. Maybe it was the corset.

"Y/n, are you even listening to me?" He asked me, but at that very moment I saw Lizzie fall over the cliff's edge.

"Elizabeth!" I yelled as I ran over to the edge. She went straight into the water.

"Elizabeth!" Norrington yelled. I ran straight down to the bottom. I didn't care about my dress. I felt a change in the wind, what a strange thing to happen. But I ignored it my sister was more important. Which is why I ripped my dress off. As soon as I got to her she'd just been taken out the water.

"She's not breathing!" I heard someone say.

"Move!" A pirate looking man said.

"Please, save her!" I said to them. He cut her corset off and she started coughing. I crouched to her side. "You're okay, Lizzie. I'm here." I said to her before looking at the pirate. "Thank you." I said to him with a smile.

"I never would be thought of that." One of our men said to him.

"Clearly you've never been to Singapore." The pirate said to him before looking at Lizzie's medallion.

"Where did you get that?" He asked her, I looked at him.

"She's had it for years." I said before Norrington and Sam appeared behind me. What a day this was turning out to be.

"On your feet." He said while pointing to the pirate with his sword.

"Elizabeth!" Dad shouted and we both helped her up. "Are you all right?" He asked her, she was fine now. Her life was saved.

"Yes, I'm fine." She said to him, Dad's eyes landed on the corset.

"Shoot him!" Dad said while looking at the pirate.

"Don't!" I shouted at them, he may have been a pirate but he was the reason Elizabeth was alive. We should be thanking him.

"Father! Commodore, do you really intend to kill my rescuer?" Elizabeth asked Norrington making them draw their pointed swords away.

"I believe thanks are in order." Norrington said before pulling up the pirates sleeve to show a mark. "Had a brush with the East India Trading Company, did we, pirate?" Norrington asked, pirate or not he didn't deserve to die.

"Hang him!" Dad shouted, no!

"Keep your guns on him. Gillette, fetch some irons. Well, we'll. Jack Sparrow, isn't it?" Norrington said to him, this Jack seemed like a good pirate, if they even existed.

"Captain Jack Sparrow, if you please, sir." Jack said to James, I looked around. There was no ship but I knew that he had one somewhere.

"I don't see your ship, 'Captain.'" James said to him, he probably had it hidden.

"I'm in the market, as it were." Jack said to us, did that mean to steal because I would quite happily look the other way.

"He said he'd like to commandeer one." One of the men from before said to him. "Told you he was telling the truth. These are his, sir." He added before shopping Jack's items to Norrington.

"No additional shots nor powder. A compass that doesn't point north. And I half expected it to be made of wood. You are without doubt the worst pirate I've ever heard of!" Norrington said making Jack put two fingers up.

"But you have heard of me." Jack said before Norrington started walking him away.

"Commodore, I really must protest!" Elizabeth said to him, hopefully she would have something to say to change his mind, there's something about Jack that makes me interested. Almost as if I could sneak off and learn how to become a pirate. The start of a new lifestyle.