3.7. Stormy Rains

I saw Barbossa walk over to Liz and I. "Revenge won't bring your father and your old husband back, Miss Swanns, and it's not something I'm intending to die for." Barbossa said and we both looked at him. I was doing this for myself.

"You're right." Liz said and she started to walk.

"I'm doing this for myself." I said to him. She then looked at him.

'Then what shall we die for? You will listen to me. Listen! The Brethren Will still be looking here to us, to the Black Pearl, to lead. And what will they see? Frightened bilge rats aboard a derelict ship? No. No, they will see free men and freedom! And what the enemy will see if the flash of our cannons. They will hear the ring of our swords, and they will know what we can do. By the sweat of our brows, and the strength of our backs...and the courage of our hearts. Gentlemen and Y/n...hoist the colours." Liz said and I nodded at her with a smile.

"Hoist the colours." Will said and that's when we all started to say it together.

"Aye. The winds on our side, boys. That's all we need!" Gibbs shouted and they all started to shout.

"Hoist the colours!" Liz and I shouted together. That's when we saw the colours of every ship rise. It was site that I'd never forget. This was the start of the battle that would cause the better part of vengeance. There was a storm coming. This was Calypso's doing. She was on our side. Had to be. I then passed by Gibbs.

"Man the capstan. Raise the main topyard. Keep that powder dry." He shouted and that's when the claps of thunder were getting closer together.

"Maelstrom!" Gibbs and I shouted as we looked over the edge.

"We got this!" I said to Gibbs and I started to raise to the center.

"Brace up yards, you cack-handed deck apes. Dying is the day worth living for." Barbossa shouted and we started to approach the maelstrom. I was hoping that we could win this battle.

"She's on our stern and gaining." Will shouted and I looked over the edge.

"More speed! Haul your wind and hold your water." Barbossa shouted and I headed below the deck.

"Prepare the cannons for firing!" I shouted at them all. That was before we started to get attacked by the cannons. "Make sure the powder is dry!" I shouted to everyone as I reappeared.

"Prepare to broadside." Liz shouted and that's what we did.

"Captain the guns. Bear a hand!" Gibbs shouted and I went below the deck again.

"Prepare to fire on the signal!" I shouted at them all. I was hoping that we could get this battle started.

"Batten down the hatches!" I heard Gibbs say before he went below deck. I knew that this was a battle we could win.

"Fire!" We all shouted and that's when the cannons were lit and they went off. I was sure we'd lost a few men from when Davy attacked but I knew that we'd be ok. I was just hoping that Jack would be okay himself. I was glad when we had a clear shot of them. I saw people on the mast of the Dutchman it was Jack and Jones. It wasn't long until some of Davy's crew boarded the ship. I fought them off before I went over to Gibbs and under the deck. I was hoping that we could still have something to fire. I then reappeared again.

"What did I miss?" I asked as I reappeared. I saw her and Will kissing.

"Our wedding!" Liz shouted and I smiled at her.

"Congratulations, welcome to the family Will." I shouted before we went back to fighting. I was just hoping that Jack could join us soon.

"Thank you Y/n." Will said to me and that's when Barbossa looked at me.

"You and Jack can be next if you'd like." He said to me and I looked at him. There would be a time. Maybe not today.

"Not during this battle. But eventually." I said to him and eventually had to come one day. But for now the only thing that mattered the most was making sure that we could get out of this whole thing. With the heart of Davy Jones. And along with that, he'd be gone. I then hopped onto a rope and went onto the Dutchman. I ran over to Jack.

"Y/n, your here." He said to me and I looked at him.

"I'm here. Don't worry. I'm here." I said to him and I kissed him. He kissed me back.

"I've got the chest." He said to me and I looked at him.

"I can see it. We've gotta get it to someone. I'm not letting you stab it." I said to him and I gave him a certain look.

"I can never say no to that face." He said to me and he stood up. Chest in hand.

"Tell me, William Turner, do you fear death?" He asked Will and I looked at Jones.

"Do you?" Jack asked him. In one hand was the heart and in the other was the remains of Jacks blade. "Heady tonic, holding life and death in the palm of one's hand." Jack said to him and I was hoping he wouldn't stab it.

"You're a cruel man, Jack Sparrow." Davy said to him and I looked at Jack. I could see Elizabeth by the steps. Was she hurt?

"Cruel is a matter of perspective." Jack said to him and this wasn't sounding good now.

"Is it?" Davy said before stabbing Will. I let out a gasp and went over to Elizabeth. I helped her up and held her. She couldn't witness this happen. Not to the one she loved.