2.5. The Flying Duchess

It was raining but when wasn't it at the end of the day. But let's get back to that ship. She was a ship wreck. "That's the Flying Dutchman?" Will asked and both Jack and Gibbs were silence. "That doesn't look like much." Will added.

"She looks broken." I said to them all. There was no way that anyone was on that ship. Hadn't been for a long time.

"Neither do you. Do not underestimate her." Jack said and I saw him elbow Gibb's side.

"Must have run afoul of the reef." Gibbs said to us, well we still had to head over there somehow. Don't ask me how that was to work.

"So, what's your plan, then?" Jack asked Will and it went silent for a few seconds.

"I row over, search the ship until I find your bloody key." Will said delivering his plan. Sounded good, hopefully nothing would go wrong.

"And if there are crewmen?" Jack asked him. Surely their wouldn't be.

"I cut them down anyone in my path." Will said before walking away.

"You've got it all sorted." I said to him with a smile.

"I like it. Simple, easy to remember." Jack said to us before we all walked away. As Will was nearing his boat to get him to the Duchess we looked down at him. "Oi! If you do happen to get captured, just say Jack Sparrow sent you to settle his debt. It might save your life." Jack said to him and I think that that would just make matters even worse.

"Bon voyage!" Glass eye shouted and I went to head over to the other side. We had to turn the lights out. Make ourselves look invisible. There was no way that this would work. I went over to Gibbs.

"What do we do now?" I asked him as I looked over the side of the ship. I couldn't even see Will at this point.

"We wait. Anything could happen." He said to me before a ship emerged from the ocean. I looked at him.

"Is that it? Is that the Flying Dutchman?" I asked him and he looked at where I was seeing. He gave me a simple nod.

"Captained by Davy Jones himself." He said to me and I was hoping that this wouldn't be the end. After a while it went quiet.

"Y/n, stay close to either me or Gibbs." I heard Jack say. He was looking through his telescope to see what was happening.

"Too late for that." I said to him. Davy Jones was already on the ship. Along with his crew. This couldn't be my end. I hadn't said goodbye to my sister. "Oh!" Jack got out.

"You have a debt to pay. You've been captain of the Black Pearl for 13 years. That was our agreement." Davy said to him and I was hoping that this debt wasn't costing a life. Not a single soul.

"Technically, I was only Captain for two years, then I was mutinied upon." Jack said to him backing up that he still has a whole eleven years left to go.

"Then you were a poor Captain but a captain nonetheless. Have you not introduced yourself all these years as Captain Jack Sparrow?" Davy asked as he walked behind Jack. The whole of his crew starting to laugh.

"You have my payment. One soul to serve on your ship. He's already over there." Jack said as he pointed to the ship in the distance. He then turned around to face Davy. Also there was no way I was letting Will stay over there. He needed to see Elizabeth again.

"One soul is not equal to another." Davy said to him, what was the meaning of that.

"Aha! So we've established my proposal is sound in principle. Now we're haggling over price." Jack said before it went silent. Uncomfortable silent.

"Price?" Davy asked him. Like he was confused. I think I was more confused.

"Just how many souls do you think my soul is worth?" Jack asked and I was hoping that the answer wouldn't be that bad. It couldn't be.

"One hundred souls." Davy said before his crew started to laugh again. But this wasn't funny. "Three days." He said to him. That wasn't a lot of time to get a lot of souls. Besides where would they even fit on the ship.

"You're a diamond, mate. Send me back the boy. I'll get started right off." Jack said as he went to walk back. Only to get stopped by a hammerhead shark looking individual.

"I keep the boy. A good-faith payment. That leaves you only 99 more to go." Davy said before laughing along with the crew. This wasn't unsettling or anything.

"Have you not met Will Turner? He's noble, heroic, a terrific soprano. Worth at least four. Maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention...he's in love? With a girl. Due to be married. Betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony. Eh?" Jack said to him, hoping that he'd managed to sway Davy to take a few souls off the deal.

"I keep the boy. Ninety-nine souls. But I wonder, Sparrow, can you live with this? Can you condemn an innocent man, a friend, to a lifetime of servitude in your name while you roam free?" Davy asked him and I knew that I wouldn't be able to at all. How was I ever to tell my sister. Especially singe this was Jack's doing.

"Yep. I'm good with it. Shall we seal it in blood? I mean...ink." Jack said before Davy entangled Jacks hand in his tentacles.

"Three days." Davy said before turning to walk away.

"Three days." Another crew member said. These were definitely going to be some of the worst three days that I'd ever encountered. Especially since life's were on the line.