3.1. The Search

It had been a while but we were still searching. Still searching for Jack. And of course, for World's End as well. At this time, most of us had gone separate ways. I couldn't even remember the last time I saw Will. I managed to stay with Barbossa though. Along with a few others. "Particularly a woman alone." We heard one of the guys say from outside.

"She doesn't look alone to me." I said as me and Barbossa started coming down the stairs. That's when I saw my sister.

"What makes your think she's alone?" Barbossa asked her.

"You protect me?" He asked Barbossa and that's when Liz decided to attack.

"And what makes you think I need protecting?" Lizzie asked him and I smiled.

"Your master's expecting us. And an unexpected death'd cast a slight pall on our meeting." Barbossa said to him and I looked at him with a smile.

"So, you better not cause yourself any trouble." I said to him with a smile and a nod.

"Pick those feet up! On the double! Eyes front!" We heard people shout. We went inside as quick as we could. There was no taking chances. I was hoping this would all work out for us. We then kept walking.

"Have you heard anything from Will?" Liz asked us and I looked at her.

"Not yet." I said to her, I wish I had.

"I trust young Turner to acquire the charts and you to remember your place in the presence of Captain Sao Feng." He said to us and I'd heard all the stories.

"Is he that terrifying?" She asked us and I'd heard things that's could make him see that way.

"He's much like myself, but absent my merciful nature and sense of fair play." Barbossa said before the guy knocked on the door. He said something to the guy behind it and the door opened. We entered inside. I looked around. Trying to see something or Will at least. We had to hand all our weapons over. Thankfully I kept one hidden. The guy then stopped Liz and I from walking.

"Do you think because they are women we would not suspect her of treachery?" The guy asked Barbossa and I looked at him. Hoping that he would stand up for me.

"Well, when you put it that way..." Barbossa said and the guy looked at us.

"Remove. Please." He said and that's when we took our jackets off. I had to take my pistols and then my other blade out. A few more things and I was done. But Liz kept going. "Remove. Please." The guy told us and that I wasn't doing but we had to. It was the only way we were getting. Liz did the same. We then walked to to meet this Captain. Bowing in front of him.

"Captain Barbossa, welcome to Singapore. More steam." He said. At this point I wondered how the others were doing with this plan. "I understand that have a request to make of me." He said and Barbossa looked at him.

"More of a proposal to put to ye. I've a venture underway and I find myself in need of a ship and a crew." He said and that's when the Captain put his hand to his head.

"Hmm. It's an odd coincidence." He said to us and we all looked at him.

"Because you happen to have a ship and a crew you don't need?" Liz asked him and I looked at him.

"Because we'll take them happily." I said to him with a smile and a nod.

"No. Because earlier this day, not far from here, a thief broke into my most revered uncle's temple and tried to make off with these. The navigational charts. The route to the Farthest Gate. Wouldn't it be amazing if this venture of yours took you to the world beyond this one?" He asked Barbossa and it would. If only we could do it.