1.4. Day 1 on the sea, get me back to land

Was I regretting some of the choices that I had made, the ones that had led me to the decision. Just a little but now I was a hostage. "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means 'no.'" Captain said to us, now how could we change his little pirate mind.

"Very well." Elizabeth said as we both walked to the side of the ship. "I'll drop it." She said while holding the medallion over board.

"And she's not joking either." I said to them all. I looked around.

"Me holds are burstin' with swag. That bit of shine matters to us? Why?" He asked us because that's what he was after.

"It's what you've been searching for. I recognise this ship. I saw it eight years ago on the crossing from England." Elizabeth said to them and it went silent.

"Did you now?" Barbosa said to her.

"Fine. If it is worthless, there's no point in me keeping it." She said while letting it go a bit and they all moved.

"No!" They shouted.

"And there we have it." I said while looking at Elizabeth. Barbosa chuckled.

"You have names, missy's?" He asked us I looked at him.

"Y/n Turner." I said to him using Will's surname.

"Elizabeth Turner. We're maids in the governor's household." Elizabeth said to them all, they'd believe us surely.

"Miss Turner and Miss Batterbee!" Barbosa said making them all murmur. "How does a maid come to own a trinket such as that? Family heirloom, perhaps?" He asked Lizzie, I looked at her.

"I didn't steal it, if that's what you mean." She said to him, I was wondering what he was going to do with us.

"Very well. You hand it over, and we'll put your town to our rudder and ne'er return." He said to us and I could see her thinking. She handed it over. That was a surprise. The monkey then ran off with it.

"Our bargain?" She asked her.

"Will you honour it?" I asked but he walked away.

"Still the guns and stow 'em. Signal the men and make good to clear port." The tall pirate said to the crew.

"What is this!" I shouted, I was not being kept on here.

"You have to take us to shore!" Elizabeth shouted at the Captain as we got nearer to him. "According to the code..." Elizabeth started, this wouldn't end too well.

"First, your return to shire was not part of our negotiations nor our agreement, so I must do nothing. Secondly, you must be a pirate for the Pirates' Code to apply, and you're not. And thirdly, the Code is more of what you'd call guidelines than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Miss Turners." Barbosa said as we were moved to a cell. A prison.

"This is not what I was expecting pirate life to be." I said to Elizabeth as I sat down against the wall.

"What we're thinking it would be like?" She asked me and I looked at her.

"I thought fighting and stealing ships, this isn't fun to me. Get me back to land." I said to her, she shook her head.

"I want to go back too." She said to me, this was going to be a long old time. The two pirates who captured us walked in.

"You'll both be dining with the Captain, and he requests you wear this." One of them said to us while holding a dress in his arms.

"Well, you may tell the Captain that we are disinclined to acquiesce to his request." Elizabeth said to us, I looked at them both.

"And if he won't take that as an answer you make sure to tell him that we will never do as he asks." I said to them and they both looked at us.

"He said you'd say that. He also said if that be the case, you'll be dining with the crew, and you'll be naked." He said to us, so we truly had no choice. We both took the dresses?

"Fine." He said before they both left. Me and Lizzie got ready. Once we were went down to dinner. I was hesitant to eat but she wasn't.

"There's no need to stand on ceremony, no call to impress anyone. You must be hungry." He said to us both and we just went at the food. We were starving. "Try the wine." He said to us and we drank it all. "And the apples. One of those next." He said but that's when it felt off.

"It's poisoned." Lizzie said making Barbosa chuckle.

"We should've known." I said to her, how were we so stupid.

"There would be no sense to be killing you, Miss Turner's." He said to us, then why didn't he let us go.

"Then release us. You have your trinket. We're of no further value to you." Elizabeth said to him and she was right again. He then pulled the medallion out.

"You don't know what this is, do you?" He asked us while holding it up.

"It's a pirate medallion." We answered at the same time.

"This is Aztec gold. One of 882 identical pieces they delivered in a stone chest to Cortes himself. Blood money paid to stem the slaughter he wreaked upon them with his armies. But the greed of Cortes was insatiable. So the heathen gods placed upon the gold...a terrible curse. Any mortal that removes  but a single piece from that stone chest shall be punished for eternity." He said to us, I didn't realise that there was a side of ghost stories with this meal. But the more you know.