1.3. The taking of the Swanns

I still couldn't get over todays events. Who would've thought that any of that would've happened. I saw that my candle went out. This seemed odd. I then went to see Elizabeth. "What's wrong?" She asked me, I saw her candle had gone out as well.

"The candles are out." I said to her while shutting the door behind me.

"I'm sure everything's fine." She answered before I heard something outside. I looked out and saw that everything was being destroyed by cannonballs.

"Elizabeth, we are not to leave this room." I said while closing the curtains behind me. I went over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"What's going on?" She asked me and she hugged me back.

"We're under attack from pirates." I said to her. She then broke free from my grasp and went the balcony. I followed after her. I saw the gate open and people run in.

"Let's go." She said before we ran. There was knocking on the door.

"Don't!" We both shouted at doorman but it was too late.

"Hello, chum." A pirate said before shooting him dead, Elizabeth screamed.

"Elizabeth, go!" I shouted at her but she stayed still.

"Up there!" One of them shouted and we ran. We ran into the maid's area and slammed the door shut behind us. I made sure to lock it.

"Miss and Mrs. Swann. They've come to kidnap you both!" The maid said to us, I looked at her. This couldn't possibly be happening. Why would they want us.

"What?" We both asked her.

"You're the governor's daughters." She said to us before they made it to the door.

"Listen. They haven't seen you. Hide, and the first chance you get, run to the fort." Elizabeth said to her, I looked at her.

"You can make it out of this. Just stay hidden." I said to her before me and Elizabeth both ran and started attacking them.

"No!" Elizabeth shouted as they held the bed pan.

"Got you." One of them said before I hit him.

"No you don't!" I shouted before hitting him.

"Boo! Boo! Boo!" He said to us before Elizabeth opened it up on him. Scolding him.

"No, no! It's not. I'm burning!" He shouted we then ran again. We then started to run downstairs but we were too late.

"Oh, no!" One of them said as he jumped in front of us. I held onto Elizabeth. We both watched as someone walked out of Dad's office with gold. A cannonball came in and blew straight into him. As they were distracted we left. We ran into a room and put a candelabra on the door so it wouldn't be able to open. She then went to pick up the coat of arms with the swords but dropped it due to how heavy it was. We then both struggled to one out each. It wasn't long until they broke in but we hid.

"We know you're here, poppets! Come out. We promise we won't hurt you. We will find you, poppets. You've got something of ours, and it calls to us. The gold calls to us." The main pirate said to us, I looked at Elizabeth it had to be that necklace she always wore.

"The gold." The other pirate said, Elizabeth and I looked at the medallion. We then saw the pirates eye looking right at us.

"Hello, poppets." He said while opening the door. He pointed his gun at us.

"Parley!" We both shouted at them.

"What?" One of them asked us.

"Parley. We invoke the right of parley. According to the Code of the Brethren set down by the pirate Morgan and Bartholomew, you have to take us to your Captain." Elizabeth said to us, I looked at them.

"So I suggest that you take us there." I said to him.

"I know the code." He said to us, but why weren't we being taken there. At least yet.

"If an adversary demands parley, you can do no harm until the parley is complete." Elizabeth said to us, I was hoping that we would be untouched,

"To blazes with the code." One of them said to us, me and Elizabeth held each other.

"They want to be taken to the Captain. And they'll go without a fuss. We must honor the code." One of them said to us, we both looked at each other.

"Listen you can harm me but you cannot hurt her." I said to them before took us back to their ship. And just like that we had be taken. We were put in the boats and on our way. We still wouldn't let go of each other. Once we saw the Captain I took a hard gulp.

"I didn't know we was takin' on captives." One of the other pirates said while looking at us both.

"They've invoked the right of parley with Captain Barbossa." One of our captures said to him.

"We are here to...". Elizabeth started before she was slapped.

"You don't touch her!" I shouted before I was then slapped.

"You will speak when spoken to." He said to us, I held Elizabeth again.

"And ye will not lay a hand on those under the protection of parley." Captain Barbossa said while holding the guys wrist. At least someone stopped him.

"Aye, sir." He said to the Captain

"My apologies, Miss'." He said to us with a smile, I didn't like him.

"Captain Barbossa, we are here to negotiate the cessation of hostilities against Port Royal." Elizabeth said to him.

"We would like for you to take whatever you after and to leave us alone." I said to him while looking at everyone on the ship.

"There were a lot of long words there, miss. We're not but humble pirates. What is it that you want?" He asked us, it was obvious what we wanted to happen.

"We want you to leave and never come back." Elizabeth said to him making all of his crew laugh, I looked around.

"We're being serious. Even if you think we're not." I said to them while looking around, now how could we possibly make them think that we are being serious. None of us want our homes destroyed.