Three

I attempted a silent decent down the hallway, creeping past Stiles' room and then the office. All I had to do was make it out the door and I'd be golden.

My bag weighed heavy on my aching ribs but I didn't care, I just needed out. The only was I was ever going to get answers was if I was at the library and the closest library just happened to be at the school, where I needed to be.

My heart pounded in my chest as I rounded the corner, hearing the voices of Stiles and my dad talking in the kitchen.

"You don't have to do anything. Go to school while the police do there job." I could hear Stiles' groan and nearly sighed, knowing that he was beating himself up over Lydia Martin's disappearance. "I just have to find her dad, what if she gets attacked?"

"We're going to find her, son, just..." my dad sighed and I tip toed further into the living room, the front door in sight. Almost there. "Just, go to school, okay?" My hand was nearly touching the door handle when I heard it.

My annoying brother just had to say something, didn't he? "Tori, shouldn't you be in bed?" I froze and felt my frustration rise at being caught. What happened to twin code or whatever? You let me sneak out and I won't tell dad about how you were the one to break the kitchen window when we were nine.

"Where do you think you're headed?" My dad asked. I turned around just to see his crossed arms and raised brows that looked like they were reaching his hairline. God how I hated that look.

I sighed, letting my arms fall to my sides and wincing at the pain it caused. Which he of course noticed based on the way his brows furrowed before raising even more. "I just want to go to school, I'm tired of bed."

"Two more days, doctors orders. Now go before I ground you for a week and you'll wish it was just two days." He then turned to Stiles, pointing at the smirking boy, "and you, go to school. Now."

I groaned in annoyance as I was forced back into my room. Bed rest was getting more and more annoying as the hours pressed on. At least I was out of the hospital though, I got released shortly after Lydia went missing.

Its been 24 hours and still, nothing. I can understand why Stiles is worried, I am too. They say that she left without any clothes and with the temperatures last night, I guarantee that she got frostbite or something.

I set my bag down on my bed and sat down in my desk chair. If I couldn't go to school to do research, I'd have to do it here. I powered on my computer and waited for it to turn on, grabbing a notebook and pen from my school bag.

A simple google search of "man with claws" seemed like a good start. Wolverine showed up for the first 25 results, telling me that that wasn't a good start after all. I sighed, typing man with glowing eyes and claws meaning."

A thing called a wendigo came up but the images didn't seem like what I saw in my visions. Wendigos are more deer-like than the beast I'd dreamed up.

This was going to take awhile.

𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃

Werewolves. Shape shifters. Whatever the fuck you wanted to call them, they were real. My heart raced in my chest, not faltering or calming down as I paced my room like I'd been doing for the last half hour.

I researched all day before finding the answer to my questions. And that answer was something I wish I'd never discovered. And then I researched more just to figure out more about the monster.

Glowing eyes, check. Claws, check. Impossible strength, enhanced hearing, smell, and taste. It was all so terrifying. They were stronger than people in every way. So how do we kill them?