Fourteen

We pulled up in front of Scott's house and all filed out of the car quickly. Lydia asked questions the entire way to Scott's, not understanding that we were trying to save her. Which is understandable, I'd probably be confused too.

"If we're studying at Scott's house, then where's Scott?" I rolled my eyes behind her, tired of the constant questions. Why we couldn't just tell the girl, I'm not sure. It'd make this a hell of a lot easier if she was in on the secret.

I let out a sigh, "he's on his way." I passed by the group, going over to the flowerpot to pull out the spare key and unlock the house. Though I doubted werewolves would use it, I brought the key inside to be safe. I made a mental note to put it back when we were done and this was over.

Stiles filled in behind everyone, locking each individual lock and then peaking out the side window as soon as he was done. He looked like a paranoid freak. We all stared at him until he turned around, giving us all a look.

"Uh, there's been a few break-ins around the neighborhood." The silence stretched, all of us sharing awkward glances. Stiles broke the silence by going to grab a chair, placing it under the door handle in what I think he thought would add protection.

We all stared at him again and Lydia motioned to the chair with a 'what the hell' look on her face. He looked insane. "And a murder."

I put my hand over my face, suddenly feeling embarrassed of my brother. Was he for real. "Yeah, it was bad..." I rolled my eyes.

Jackson huffed, Allison giving him a look and he sighed, "Lydia, follow me. I need to talk to you for a minute." Thankfully she followed him upstairs quickly, giving the three of us time to actually come up with a plan.

"What do we do?" Allison asked, pacing in front of the door. Stiles had his eyes trained out the window.

I shook my head, "I don't know. Hope and pray Scott gets here soon, I guess." He's the only one who'd have any luck against a pack of werewolves. And maybe Allison, with her crossbow and hunter skills. But Stiles and I were chopped liver.

"They're here," Stiles breathed out in panic. I glanced out the window, seeing Boyde, Isaac, Erica, and Derek standing in the front yard. They looked deadly, with smirks on Erica and Isaac's faces, Derek was just doing his usual brooding, and Boyde looked bored to say the least.  Without even thinking, I picked up my phone, dialing Scott.

He answered on the second ring, "hello?"

"You need to get here, like right now." I bit my lip, looking nervously toward the wooden door that separated us and four werewolves. My heart was pounding in my chest as I thought over the multiple scenarios that all ended with us dead or injured.

I could hear Scott's worried voice as he responded, "Okay, I'll leave right now. On my way." I put the phone in my pocket, turning to Allison and Stiles, "Scott's on his way."

"What do we do in the meantime?" Allison asked nervously, glancing between us and the window where Derek and his pack stood in the lawn, now whispering amongst themselves.

My heart was hammering in my chest, thumping harshly against my rib cage. I could feel sweat beading down my spine and I knew then what the best course of action was. "Call your dad," I stated simply, my eyes on Allison.

I watched her falter, her worry dropping into a look of dread. "No, I--"

"We need his help, Allison. Derek isn't here to scare a couple of teenagers, he's here to kill Lydia." I reasoned, my voice pleading. If Mr. Argent was here I'm sure he'd find a way to solve all of this. I'd never met the hunter personally but, he seems like a reasonable enough man.