Twenty-Six

[Warning: Smut]

[Warning: Smut]

The days following the police station were a blur. I woke up in the hospital with a massive headache the following morning with Scott and Stiles on either side of me.

I blinked my eyes awake, the beeping of a machine to my right was making my head hurt worse than it already was. I carefully looked at the room surrounding me. I was in the hospital, that much was clear by the familiar machines and the IV I could see running into my right arm.

I looked to my right side and saw Stiles sitting there, his eyes already on me. "Tori, oh my god, you're awake," he sighed in relief.

"W-" My voice was hoarse and I could feel how dry my mouth was. I swallowed, trying to wet my mouth. "What happened?" I asked, wincing in pain at using my voice. I wondered why it hurt... Then I remembered.

Matt's hands were wrapped around my neck. It's no surprise that it hurts to talk and swallow. I bet I'm sporting a pretty good bruise, too. "You don't remember?"  Stiles asked, confused. I felt a hand grab my left one and I turned to see Scott there, looking at me with just as much worry as my brother.

I looked back at Stiles, shaking my head, "I do. I meant after I passed out... I remember Derek coming to the holding cells but, nothing after that."

Matt was dead. He'd drowned, which was ironic, really. Funny in a sick sort of way. I didn't feel bad for him. Not after all the pain he'd caused. He deserved exactly what he got. Dad also got reinstated as Sheriff. So, not everything was bad.

I was only in the hospital for a couple hours after waking up, thank goodness. I was not ready for another hospital stay, not after my last one. Besides, I'd much rather stay at home and heal in bed.

Which, is what I was doing right now. It was Sunday night, 3 days after the whole police station incident. I was laying in bed watching a movie and trying to mentally prepare myself for tomorrow. Only, all I could think about was Scott.

I had been worrying about him since waking up. Apparently Melissa now knew about his secret. And apparently she'd been ignoring him. My heart broke for the boy. It didn't help that he barely talked to me about it. It seemed that every time I tried to bring it up he'd find something to change the subject with.

Maybe I should go to him, show him that I'm there for him no matter what. We hadn't really had any one-on-one time since before Lydia's party... maybe that's what he needed to talk to me.

I nodded, my mind made up. I quickly got out of bed, not bothering to change out of my pajama shorts and crew neck. I threw a change of clothes into my bag just in case along with my toothbrush and stuff. 

As I made my way out of my bedroom I shot Danny a quick text to cover for me tonight. He quickly responded.

Danny: Okay, but if you don't get laid I'll tell on u.