Twenty

I laid in bed the next morning, thinking over the last couple days. Jackson was the kanima, he was the lizard man that had been killing people around town and terrorizing us. And if that's not scary enough, he doesn't know what he is. He's unaware and being controlled by someone who wants the class of 2006 dead for some reason.

Oh, and best of all, we have no idea how to get him to believe us. To make things even more difficult, Scott and Stiles are completely banned from being within 100 feet of him. So that leaves it up to me I suppose.

Ugh, I don't even know where to begin. It's not like Jackson will be jumping at the opportunity to talk to me. Not after we kidnapped him and trapped him in a prison transport van for 24 hours. Then again, he did leave me out of the punishments so, he couldn't be that mad at me, right?

At least things with Scott were progressing. I blushed at the thought of this last week. First our makeout In the car and then in my room when we... I still can't believe that he actually likes me and now we are something more than friends. It feels like a dream.

As if I had conjured him with my thoughts, a knock sounded on my door before Scott walked in, Stiles on his heels. I sat up on the bed, raising a brow at the boys. "Yes?"

Stiles gave me a look of confusion at my clothes. I was still in my pajamas. I did not want to go to school so I was procrastinating. I did my morning routine of washing my face and brushing my teeth, but that was all so far. My hair was left in its messy waves and my face bare.

"Seriously? You're gonna make us late." Stiles sighed, waving his hand over me.

Huh? I furrowed my brows, glancing at my alarm clock which had my eyes going wide. "Oh shit!" I jumped out of bed, running to my closet. "I'll just be a minute!" I heard the boys laughing as the door shut behind them.

I quickly threw on leggings and a crew neck, not caring for picking out something more put together. I was now running late so, comfy cute it is. As I made my way downstairs, I pulled my hair up in a messy ponytail, the easiest thing to do with my waves.

By the time I made it outside, Stiles had the jeep running and Scott was leaning against the jeep, the door opened and the seat pushed forward for me to get in.

God, he looked good today. Even in just a pullover and jeans he was hot. I couldn't help but bite my lip to stop from smiling at him as I approached. I wish I could kiss him and his crooked smile right now. But Stiles was here and we were a secret.

"We are going to be so late." Stiles complained as Scott hoped in the jeep, Stiles pulling from the curb before the door could even fully close.

I scoffed from the backseat. "By like a minute, we're fine." I rolled my eyes before leaning forward between the seats. "So, how did it go last night?" I asked Scott.

Scott was on Jackson duty last night, following him from a distance to try and figure out who the next target was going to be. We all figured that the kanima would have to sorta 'stake out' its next victim, so Scott was following Jackson in hopes of saving whoever was next.

"Well, he got tickets for some underground, secret show," Scott explained.

I gasped at that, "Oh, Danny's going to that show! He invited me but I haven't said yes or no."

Stiles turned to Scott for a moment before looking back to the road, "so Tori has her ticket. Did you get us some?"

Scott sighed, "no. The booth shut down before I could get any."