Seventeen

For some reason, even though I'd played a big role in the kidnapping of Jackson Whittmore, I was given a hall pass

For some reason, even though I'd played a big role in the kidnapping of Jackson Whittmore, I was given a hall pass. Jackson told my dad and his that I had nothing to do with any of it. So, while the boys were being given a restraining order, I was waiting in the hall for Stiles to be free so we could go home.

The event from earlier that night were playing in my head on repeat as I waited for the boys. To say I was sexually frustrated would be an understatement. I wanted Scott more than anything and it was annoying that my brother ruined my first chance at that.

Though, something told me that it wouldn't be my only opportunity. I blushed at the reminder of how much Scott wanted me. I could tell he wanted me just as much as I wanted him tonight. The way he touched me, the way he kissed me... it was something I was sure I'd never forget.

I was broken from my thoughts by my dad and Stiles coming into the hall. "Do I need to remind you how lucky we are that they're not pressing charges?"

Stiles sighed, "oh come on, it was just a joke."

I couldn't help but laugh, "a joke?" I obviously wasn't helping his lie, so he shot me a look.

"Yes a joke! I didn't think it would be taken that seriously. Dad, humors very subjective, okay? I mean we're talking multiple levels of interpretation here."

I watched from my peripheral as Scott and Melissa walked out of the room and around the corner down the hall. Scott looked like a sad puppy, his head dipped low and a frown on his lips. I felt bad for the boy, knowing that Melissa was going to go 'tough mom' on him again, probably worse than yesterday.

I turned back to the conversation, taking in the way our dad was looking at Stiles with a look that told me he 100% didn't believe a single word out of Stiles' mouth. "uh-huh. Well how exactly am I supposed to interpret the stolen prison transport van, huh?"

"We filled the tank!" Stiles argued. I rolled my eyes, grabbing my brother by the shoulder and pulling him into the hall so we could go home.

My dad stopped me before I got too far, his hand on my arm. Stiles went ahead to the hall while I turned around, facing my dad. He had his brows raised, his mouth tight, and I just knew he was pissed.

"Don't think you're getting off easy, Victoria," My dad's voice was serious, "I know you had something to do with this too."

I sighed, my eyes dropping to the ground before finding his again, "fine. I was there, but in my defense, I told the boys it was a horrible idea and that we shouldn't be doing it!"

My dad only shook his head, "just go home, and stay out of trouble, okay?"

I nodded, guilt swirling inside me at the thought of disappointing my dad. I hated to make him upset, he already had so much to worry about, being a single dad and all, and Stiles and I weren't making it very easy on him.