-Rest (SatBK drabble)-

(A drabble that popped in my head while I was drawing once)

"Your quills are... beautiful..." Sonic mumbled to himself as he ran his fingers through the quills on Xenophanes' head. Although their quills seemed to be rough and messy, Xeno's quills were surprisingly soft for a hedgehog.

The closest he knew he'd think had gotten this soft of quills were either Shadow or Amy- but both of them used some kind of special (and expensive) shampoo to make their quills super soft, whereas Xenophanes didn't seem to use anything special of the sort, as if it were all somehow natural.

Xenophanes quietly thanked Sonic for the compliment as their head rested on Sonic's lap, both of them peacefully resting underneath a large tree in the woods that surrounded Misty Lake.

They both enjoyed the silence of the lake, along with the fresh air and peacefulness of it all. Nobody else was there, and it was just the two of them, quietly enjoying the beauty of nature.

Both hedgehogs rested where they were, neither really having a care in the world- not caring that Sonic was technically crowned as King of Camelot, or that Xenophanes was once a knight of the underworld (now knight of the shadows), or that the kingdom was brought to near ruin at the hands of Merlina.

All that mattered now, was that they rested. And rest they did in each other's company.