The meet

'One croissant and a Latte please', I told the waiter without looking at the menu. Of course, if this was my usual joint I would have just called out, 'The usual, Sam!'
Oh well, new beginnings never hurt.

With a sigh, I got my notebook from my bag and started scribbling. This always helped to take the edge off.

The coffee shop was half empty at this time. It was why I chose it. To escape the noise of the city. It was tastefully done in orange paints with brown undertones. Vibrant paintings of voluptuous women with small heads were scattered on the walls. The large one at the entrance had especially fascinated me. The beauty of big bottomed women I thought with a smile. Probably the most accurate representation of African women. Too much ass. Like me. Always with the ass.There was something about art and orange light that always seemed to sooth me.

'Is this seat taken?'
'Yes. I said simply without looking up. I was in no mood to sit with anyone. Besides, why would he just skip all the empty tables and come to mine?
'I am George.'
'And I don't care.'
'Wow, lady. Being polite costs nothing.'
I looked at him. My eyes ice cold.
'Taking hints costs even less.'
He slinked off then and I went back to my scribbling. I was not always this acidic but again I was not in the best mood today.

Five minutes later I looked up and the waiter was standing with a tray in his hand. How did he creep on me like that?

'Thank you', I said in clipped tones before I realized he needed to set the tray down. Huh! new beginnings do suck after all.

'Hi Lora.' The voice was smooth. A seductive rumble that sounds of cognac and Cuban cigars. I looked up to identify the owner of the voice and maybe the 'Lora' in question.
'Hey Mr. K. the usual today?' A pretty light skinned waitress asked over the low counter. It was onvious she was trying to impresss the guy who just walked in.
'Yes, the usual.' A hint of an accent that I couldn't place.
The man said. He was tall. Really tall. Grey and white Gym outfit. The grey training pants showed off a delicious behind. On hid arm were an expensive looking armband and running watch. He extended his arm to pick his order from a very eager Lora. His muscles rippling with the movement. He looked like someone who took exercise seriously.
I was glad I chose to sit inside instead of out on the terrace. I watched as the waitress handed him a bag and turned and made her way to get his drink order. Walking as if she was on a runway instead of a coffee shop. I rolled my eyes just watching her ridiculous display. Men will make fools of us all. I Wondered who this man was to turn a woman into such a mess. He turned just then and for the life of me I couldn't breathe.

His mouth, very kissable. His eyes. Goddamnit! he was looking at me! Brown orbs in a sea of white. I was drooling. My brain which was supposed to bail me out was a mass of cotton. Intriguing.

He had chiseled goodlooks to go with the most gorgeous brown eyes I have ever seen. Even his lifted brow made him look more attractive. Wait that did not look like an 'I am interested' kind of bro lifting.

Something was wrong I thought when he looked down at the table then back at me. I followed his gaze just as the waiter said 'Madam, your phone.'

Shit! The sound was loud enough to stop an earthquake. Yet for the life of me I hadn't heard it ring. I was worse than that Lora chick.

I started fumbling in my handbag feeling like the biggest retard this side of the Sahara and fished out my cell phone. A wave of anger passed over me at seeing the caller Id.
Shit!
I realized I was cursing aloud when people turned to look at me. I needed to get out of there before I started overturning things out of frustration.

I jammed the notebook in my bag. Taking quick breaths I dropped the cash in the bill holder and stood up.
Thankfully the dratted thing had stopped ringing. I quickly switched it to silent mode and hurriedly walked out of the coffee shop.
I noticed his bemused smile as I passed.
I was out the door before my phone started blinking again. The fool never gave up....

******

First chapters are always a pain the ass especially when you don't know how the story will develop. I mean you have the outline but sometimes the character just runs away from you...

Please leave your feedback :-)