The boss!!

'What time is it?,' I asked with a groan shielding my eyes from the stream of sunlight from the partially opened curtain.
'I don't know,' growled Amina pulling the covers over her head.  That is what going out with Amina gives you; a hangover and a late morning!
I pulled my phone from the bedside table. There was an email from work. I sat up and read the bloody email that wanted us to be in the office at ten for an introductory meeting with the new boss. Shit!
The email came it at 6:30 yesterday evening and I didn't see it.
God no! I screeched when I saw the time. 9:00am. I was out the bed and heading to my closet in a fraction of a minute all the while screaming no no no no!
'What is it?' Groaned Amina under the covers.
'I will be late for work thanks to you,' I said accusatory.
'What did I do?' she asked with her sleep laden voice. This was not a conversation I could have with half drunk Amina so I dashed to the bathroom for a cold shower. Never in my life had I ever been so late.

Thirty minutes later I made my way to the swinging front doors of our office building. What will the new boss think of me, I asked myself for the umpteenth time.Especially with my red rimmed eyes. Hangovers could be a bitch. I had tried to cover up as best I could but there was no escaping the fact that I was hangovered and looked it. It was a Saturday for godsake. Why couldn't he come on a weekday like everyone else? I already hated him on account of making me wake up early for an hours meeting. 

"The meeting is almost over!", whispered our secretary as I made my way to the meeting room.
Yeah!Just what I needed, someone to remind me of how much trouble I was in.
Everyone was there. Looking well groomed and well behaved like kindergarten kids. I should have ignored that late night email. It was outside office hours when they said we needed to come in.
I slowly opened the door hoping it didn't make too much noise. Fuck. Everyone was now looking at me. Of course it had to sound like I was rolling a tomb stone.

"Miss NJeru its so good to have you join us". Tim our HR manager said sarcastically. I had entered the room head bowed and sat on the seat nearest the door. In my mind I thought I had been invisible, obviously not.

'Maybe miss Njeru can tell us why she is late?' said a familiar voice. Maybe too familiar, I thought with a frown. When I looked up my heart gave a flip of disappointment and happiness.
What was Kev doing here? He looked different yet the same. A white shirt was tucked in fitted Navy pants. I realized I had seen him in three different oufits so far and I couldn't pinpoint which made him look great.

Then it sunk in that I was looking at my new boss. The new Md of Dhahabu limited.
My Kevin!
How did this happen.  My head was playing tricks on me. I remember his hands on my neck. My hand unconsciously went to the spot he had touched me. The kiss we regretably did not share and the show down with the ex.
Fucking shit.
Were bosses supposed to witness all that?
I could feel the embarrasment clawing at my neck then I reminded myself that maybe I should be answering the question instead of gawking and being tongue tied.