Lets eat

The smell of coffee wafted through my nostrils. I would have collapsed if it wasn't for his steady hand wrapped around my own. He took a right and stopped at a terrace and I nearly collapsed in relief.
'So that's what food does to you?' he said mockingly. I looked up and met the smile on his face.
'Food is life, man.' I add with a smile of my own and move to pile my plate high with beans, sausages a slice of bread and a steaming cup of coffee. I wasn't going to play the female card now and pretend I don't eat. I could eat two horse at that moment.

We ate in silence for a while. Me savouring every morsel. Him chrwing thoughtfully.
'I like women with healthy appetites. It means she is strong enough for other activities.'

My spoon cluttered onto my plate. He can't just say things like that.

'So you like me,' I asked instead steering my mind and the conversation on to safe territory.

'No. I don't like you.'
My chest crushed. So why was I here. But I had tasted his mouth, run my hands through his tight abbs and he didn't feel like someone who did not like me.
I straighten my back and plastered a smile on my face.
'Well...'I started.

'I want you!'He said interrupting me.

'Wait. What!'

'You heard me,'he said his lips coming up at the corners.  A gorgeous devil.

'Isn't it the same thing?' I ask trying to tame the erratic beating of my heart. My own want was now palpable. I could taste it in my mouth. How could I deny that I wanted him too when my body reminded me of the effect he had on me everytime.

'Not necessarily. Liking you means that I agree to be friendzoned. I don't want to be your friend. I want you. To be buried in you! For you to wake up with me buried so deep in you, you won't know where I end and you begin.'
I looked around to see if someone else heard that declaration. I let it sink in. Him buried in me, my legs wrapped around his torso hands grabbing white sheets.
It was suddenly too hot.

'So in other words you want sex?' My voice cracked at the word my pulse racing. We were two consenting adults, of course it was sex.

'Among other things, yes.' My airway suddenly felt too small. My hand shook as I took back my spoon.
'Ok.'
'Ok, you understand or ok you will have sex with me?'
'Ok, meaning this conversation is over.' It was a yes to both especially the sex but I wasn't just going to blurt it out. I will drop it on him when he least expected I vowed.
He laughed then.
'God! Look at how your face burned up.I am going to have fun with you.'
        ***
I was in artistic heaven. Rows upon rows of paintings,  sculptures and fabrics. Every time I saw something I liked, I would find something else I liked better.
Again I had forgotten about Kev until he spoke.
'Like anything?'
'I love everything!' I screetched. Turning in the enormous room.  It smelt of old paint and ancitebt history mixed with modern pieces.  I had seen a painting done in 1802. Protected in a glass case. So delicate yet so strong for surviving time.
The old pieces were in a separate room.
'How do they get all these?' I asked indicating the room.

'Well, aunt Hellen has an understanding with the artists. She displays their work and when someone likes the piece, she sells them and gets a percentage.'
I nod my head. That is a good arrangement. At least their work is being seen I thought.
'The old pieces are tricky. Some have been family heirlooms. Others are dropped off by the community around for safe keeping while others she just buys.'
'Who buys the art?, I asked as an after thought. I hadn't seen anyone else since we came in.
'Mostly it's foreingners. The Kenyan market is not so good. People appreciate art but not many are willing to pay top dollar.  So during the tourist high season, most of these paintings will have been bought. Of course we try to make them available to locals first before the high season.'
He said we meaning he was involved. I tried to picture him selling art. Him and his white shirts don't look like selling art. An image of him half naked on my living room flashed before me. Eyes burning, clothes dishevelled him out of control. Yes. Maybe he did look like an art dealer but of a different kind. I was so fucking aroused right now.
'It is sad though," I said. The fact that we don't buy our own.'

'A prophet is never accepted in his own home,'he said pulling me to him.

It hit me that he was quite knowledgeable about this art business. I hoped he knew other things as well. Things I didn't want to name yet.

I caught a wiff of his cologne as I buried my head in his neck. He smelled so good.  Of the spicy outdoors. He felt even better I thought and before I could stop myself I kissed his neck. His breath became laboured. Just the way I hoped it would be.
'You like playing with fire,'he whispered in my ear.
I felt the goosebumps rising on my body. Yes, I did. Playing with fire he could quench. I arched towards him as his tongue traced the outline of my ear and his teeth nipped at my lobe. My legs started shaking.
Every bit of common sense flew out the window as his lips settled on mine.

His kiss felt like he was sucking the essence off my being, I had no cotnrol when he kissed me. It was blissful and heart racing.
I could feel the heat rising from my core as I forgot where I was and wrapped my hands tightly around him. We were back to where we left of yesterday I thought gelling more into him hands roaming.
He stopped suddenly.  steeling my hand from moving further. I let out a wimper of protest.
'Shhh baby, someone is here,"he said smoothing down my dress.
It took a minute for it to register. Shit! It was his aunt. The woman will have even more reason to hate me I thought trying to push him away. He felt like a steel tower.
'Just a minute aunt Hellen,' he called out. Are you ok now?'
I knew what he was asking. I was ok to stand but I wasn't ok to be left high and dry a second time. I looked around and nodded. What was I thinking letting myself go like that in a public gallery. He let me go slowly and turned, my hand clasped tightly in his.
This was only going to end one way. I was resigning myself to the fact that I will sleep with him. I had known i would since the first day. It was inevitable and I was looking forward to it. He felt like a drug. I was slowly getting addicted and I kept telling myself that I can quit him anytime I want.  Boy, was I wrong.