Intermission

We stopped at a brown gate and watched as it swung open. The guards at the front waved us in with choruses of
'Welcome Mr. Kasim.' So I figured we were headed to his place. It was a serene looking gated community with green lawns and cabro-paved paths that led to rustic yet classical looking houses separeted by flower hedges. The car ground to a halt at number 35 an imposing stone structure at the end of one column.

'Do you want to come inside?'
I hesitated.
'I could be in and out in a minute.' He said, obviously having caught my hesitation.

He opened his door and got out and I followed suit. Maybe I should see what his house looks like. You can tell a lot about a person by their house.

He swiped a card and the door swung open into a foyer with red mahogany floors. It had the smell of a new house I thought as we walked into the living room.

Everything was white. It was perhaps the worst thing someone could do to a beautiful room like that. The room felt unlived in. It reminded me of a hotel lobby. A poorly done hotel lobby.

He was watching me. Watching my reaction.
'How do you like it?'
I wiggled my nose.
'It is clean. Too clean!' I said.
He laughed. 'What does that mean?'
'I mean I get that people are OCD but look the textures are all wrong.' I had began to speak and couldn't seem to stop.
'The whites are too depressing mainly because of the textures and the fact that you cannot feel the essence of the person who lives here.'
His eyebrow went up. Maybe I had overstepped.
'Maybe a few items that are not too white can balance the room and give it more life.' I said and promised myself to keep quiet. The interior designer in me wanted to come out and play but I didn't want to let it.

' I like the whites.' He said.

It is not that I don't like them too, it just... eh... the space doesn't look lived in.' There. I had said it. The room lacked the character of the man standing infront of me. The beauty and magnificence of a man who knew what he wanted and went for it.

He laughed then. That deep rumble that always seemed to catch me by suprise.

'My mom said the same thing. I did leave the planning and decor to someone and obviously they felt clean cuts meant an all white house.'

I thought of the blonde girl he was with yesterday. A white girl. Maybe he did love white afterall. That realization made my heart sink. What was I doing here?

'Well, I might as well show you the other rooms to see if I am being ripped off.'
He held his hand out to me and I took it revelling at the sparks of desire that raced up and down my body. Did he feel it too?

We started with the cloakroom where he hang my coat before proceeding to the dining room and guest bedroom. Nothing impressive.

The kitchen was something else. It had wooden floors and black appliances and looked modern and fresh. A few tweaks here and there and it will be spectacular. The study was another favourite with mahogany furnitures with  intricate patterns and a huge shelf with books lining one wall.
'It will be done in a week I think.' He said watching me run my hands over the hard cover bound books.
The last room that I was suprised by was the master bedroom.
It was dark and mysterious like the man before me. Dark brown oak laminate floors. Alternate Gold and brown head board and a dark wall with intricate patterns in the two colours added texture to the room. Clean, masculine and full of promise. I was becoming hot just looking at the room.

'I just moved in... well a month ago.'
Was that a hint of apprehension?

I ran my hands over the bed. I closed my eyes and pictured him on top of me in the silky duvet. His hands and mouth running all over my body. I felt more than heard the moan escape sofly from my lips. This was not a good idea. I turned so abruptly I almost lost my balance.
'It is ah... a beautiful space.'
I turned and walked out of the room before I could throw myself at the man.

Fighting temptationजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें