Kokichis Distraction

Kokichis pov

I could feel the sweat pouring down my back. My breathing was heavy. I'll admit it I'm scared but who wouldn't be! Those killer mechines were crawling around in the dark. They could pounce on us at any moment!

"waaa!" I heard toko scream.

We all turned to her urgently "are you ok?"

"I s-s-scared of the d-d-dark" she stuttered madly.

We all let out a sigh of relief.

"seriously? A grown woman like you is afraid of the dark?" Leon shook his head.

"s-shut up!" she yelled "y-you would too if you'd g-gone through h-half the crap I had!"

"this is no time for fighting" sayaka said firmly "we have to think of a plan. If we don't we're all toast! Not come on komaru sweetie up on your feet"

"the choppers not coming" komaru clung to sayaka tearfully "I'm still stuck here" for a moment I could have seen a hint of guilt in tokos eyes but I could just be seeing things in the dark.

"right gang how about we just go down to the entrance and see how that goes" kazuichi said firmly.

We nodded and headed downstairs.

*time skip*

"drat!" Leon cursed as we reached the entrance "those fuckers are blocking off the entrance!"

"if only we had some kind of distraction" kazuichi muttered to himself.

It's then that I stepped forward "I'll do it"

"huh?" they turned to me in surprise.

"I'll be the distraction!" I said proudly.

"absolutely not!" kazuichi said firmly "it's far too dangerous kokichi. You could get yourself killed!"

"Well I'm sick of doing nothing all the time!" I yelled "everyone's always sticking their neck out for me cause I can't do anything. Well no more! This time I'm going to save you guys!" not waiting for a response I ran off.

I waved my arms around and yelled "hey you stupid bears look at me!" that got their attention. They ran after me, leaving the door wide open.

They others escaped through the door. I felt proud of myself for a moment. I finally did something useful. That unfortunately left me open for attack...