005: ( break in the shadows )

spare room: 3:30am
YOU toss and turn, not being able to sleep after that moment. the entire conversation replayed in your mind back and forth, non stop. you couldn't bare to manage the thought of you and chris getting along.

it was twelve degrees but you couldn't help but sweat. feeling hot and bothered, you sit back up once again, hoping that at some point in time, you'd soon forget about this.

YOU have had enough, kicking the duvet off of your body and managing to hold yourself up right, once again.
you proceed to walk out of the spare room and creep downstairs, surrounded by darkness. you manage make your way down the stairs, almost blinded.
you then make your way to the kitchen, hoping that a beverage would prevent you causing yourself more stress thinking about what had happened only hours ago in the kitchen.

you are sipping at your glass, slouched against the island when you hear violent creaking of floorboards, coming from upstairs. you stop what you are doing at look around you, seeing nothing but darkness. luckily, when you poured yourself a glass of (drink), you were occupied by the front porch lighting.

BY the time you get to the island, the light had been switched off, turning your world into black once again. you begin to sense a familiar tension entering the room.

you stand completely still, frozen. in a trance of wonder and curiosity.
your eyes then darted quickly to a different direction of the room, as the kitchen light had just been flicked on, by a familiar hand. you then notice chris standing on the other side of the room. you notice him eyeing you up and down for some seconds, pointing his eyes at you, glaring in disgust.
tension began to fill the room quickly...
you squint your eyes back at chris in amusement, gritting your teeth, as you were tempted to let words flood out of you in frustration...

authors note:
PLEASE GIVE IT A CHANCE, IT WILL GET GOOD SOON!!!
hope you're all enjoying, thank you so much for 2.5K! love you all, enjoy todays chapter <3