Chapter 3- Journey to Japan

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram at d4rkst4r720 for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM!

Paige's POV

    "What do you mean you're not coming?" I glared at Shashi, I was ticked off. "Work," He said not glancing up from his phone. "Is that all that matters these days?" I scoffed, "How hard is running a multimillion company?"  "Harder than you think," he shot back."I can't believe you." I stormed out. Ever since Shahsi started working, he had gotten busier and busier. "Tony?" I called and was relieved when he picked up. "Can you meet me at my house?" "Be there in ten," he replied. 

     -Ten minutes later- "Listen, I don't think I can come along on this trip," I began, "Shashi has been having lots of stress running the company." Tony sighed, "No! It's going to be our first family mission!" I shook my head," You can do it without me! You've gone on thousands of missions with your gang! They're your family too!" My brother hung his head, "I guess we have more missions in the future. But we're leaving soon. Come say goodbye?" I smiled and was happy he understood.

     When I returned from the military base, Shashi was still sitting there, scrolling through his phone. "That busy huh?" I asked as I sat down on the counter. "Listen, about this morning," Shashi said turning from his chair to look at me, "I'm sorry about raising my voice at you." I pulled out a chair and sat down beside him, "Whoa, you apologized? I replied teasingly, "That's why I decided to stay back and help out." I opened my laptop and started working. My phone chimed and I looked at the time. It was already midnight! The text from Tony read," Hey sis! We just landed in Japan and Matsuo's sister picked us up! Matsuo has a sister! Her name is Mikira Mori!" He sent me a picture of a girl with blue streaks in her hair with light brown eyes. "Will send pics when we get to Matsuo's house!" I texted him back, "Cool! Call if you need backup! Have fun!" He responded with a selfie of himself, making a goofy face. I smiled and snapped back to the moment. Shashi was snoring gently next to me and I poked him with a pencil, "Wake up sleepyhead, can you walk back to your bedroom?"

      "Rise and Shine!" Shashi sang and threw open the curtains. I threw my pillow at him and pulled the sheets up to my head, "Someone's in good mood today." He dived across the bed and showed me his phone. I squinted at the bright screen, it was a race list. "What's the prize?" I asked as I scrolled through the list, and my eyes stopped when I saw the name, Mikira Takako. Mikira. I've heard the name before but when? "The prize is an ancient Japanese car said to be created by the gods, it's one of a kind." I pressed my fingers to my forehead, not paying attention. Mikira. Where had I heard that name before? "So? You want to race?" Shashi asked. "Yes," I replied as I closed my thought hard. Why can't I remember?