Chapter 14- Rogue

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram- c.hloe.wn. TYSM! Also please vote~ I need to know if I need to write an epilogue~ Help me get to 65 votes!

Echo's POV

     Matsuo tried hard to resist, but the arm's power was too strong. "Turn off his arm!" Shashi yelled. "I'll hold him down while you get the arm." He told Paige. When Shashi tried tackling him, Matsuo threw him off his back and he crashed into the barriers. Paige gasped. Shashi lay unmoving on the floor and Paige's bottom lip quivered. She swiped Matsuo's katana off his back and chopped off his arm in one clean blow.

"You think this will stop me?" Matsuo smirked and his arm began to grow back. "I am unstoppable." He grabbed the blade of the Katana and swung Paige off.  Luckily, Paige landed on the wrong side. Her ankle gave way just as she landed on the track. She winced and fell to her feet. Matsuo slowly advanced on her, with his arm, ready to fire, pointed. 

    I had to stop him. Without thinking, I ran forward and tackled Matsuo to the floor. 

"What do you think you're doing?" He shouted and pushed me against the wall, hand on my throat, the other, ready to fire. I gasped. "I wasn't going to hurt you but you leave me no choice. I actually LIKED you!" Liked me? As in LIKED? 

     "What do you mean?" I gasped as I saw stars in my vision.  He raised his arm and I closed my eyes, preparing for the worst. 

     "I can't do this," Matsuo shouted and flung me to the floor. And with that, he began to run. I knew where he was going. He was going to go after Tony and the others. I had to stop him. Before I knew what I was doing, I again found myself tackling him to the floor. This time, the floor was where he stayed. 

     "Matsuo, listen to me. You can resist the arm's power. Don't let Cleve's technology take over your body!"I shouted and he struggled underneath my grasp. 

     "Let me go!" He tried to push me off but I hung on. I twisted his robotic arm and found the button. I pressed it and fell to the floor. My heart was beating against my ribcage and I gasped. I had done it. 

    "Echo, you alright?" Paige asked. I nodded but I spied her ankle. It was bleeding through her pants. 

     "Your ankle!" I pointed but she shook her head, "I'm okay. But Shashi..." Tears formed in her eyes, "He isn't waking up..." She tried to get up but fell to the floor. "I need... to get... to Shashi." She sobbed. I helped her up as we slowly walked toward him. 

    "His heart is still beating," I said feeling his pulse, "I'll get the ambulance."