Chapter 4- Mystery Sister

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and instagram at d4rkst4r720 for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM!

Layla's POV

     Matsuo had a sister? Weird. What's even weirder was that Matsuo even forgot she existed. That was awkward. "And here is the family Minka (house)," Mikira said as we walked across the bridge. Sakura blossoms fell gently and the branches swayed in the wind, "And, here is where we keep the shurikens. Feel free to walk around and look for clues. The police haven't found any so you probably won't." She said with a hint of triumph in her voice. Echo stepped forward," Don't underestimate us. We'll find the missing shuriken." Tony walked around the glass case, "Weird, I don't see any fingerprints." Mikira nodded," You touch the glass, it triggers alarms and lasers. So, I don't know how  it was stolen."  

    "They'll figure it out, they're smarter than they appear." We turned to look at Matsuo, who hasn't spoken since we boarded the plane. "Anyways," Mikira interrupted, "You guys should get some rest. You should be tired. You wouldn't mind if you all slept in a room, would you? The other guest room is full." I narrowed my eyes at her. something didn't seem right here. When she left, I gathered the team and I told them about Mikira." Matsuo, you don't even remember her, and why was she in such a hurry to take us from the shuriken room? Something's up." Tony rolled his eyes at me," Maybe she's just being nice. Let's get some rest." I glared at him, "Why do you have to disagree with everything I say?" He scoffed, "I'm just saying!"

     The next day, we looked for clues, and weirdly enough, we didn't find anything. Nothing! Mikira greeted us in the morning, there was something off about her. Her hair! It was green! I was sure it had been blue before. She met us for breakfast and excused herself before I had the time to ask her about her hair. Ugh! I was so frustrated. "Do you have any suspects? Frostee asked Matsuo. He nodded but didn't say anything else. Instead, he led us to the library and showed us the history book of the shurikens. His family had two main rivals. The Takakos and the Akihikos. They wanted the shuriken and were up to no good. "Do you know where they live?" Echo asked. Matsuo shook his head," Lets 'go to the village. People can help." Once again, Tony interrupted him, "Layla, Frostee, and I will go to the Takakos," He instructed," do not say anything about the shuriken, pretend to be tourists or something." We walked through the busy market place and Tony as usual was not on task, busy sending pictures we took with Mikira to Paige.

   "Takako?" Tony went to each stall saying. He looked so stupid. If only I wasn't mad I would've laughed so hard. People shrank in fear and refused to tell us who they were and where they lived. After endless rounds of wandering, we came to a big place. "Guys, I think this is it." Frostee said as we walked up to the guards guarding the place."What?!" Tony said as they spoke, "No. Speak. Japanese." He said slowly. "GO. AWAY!" The guards glared at him. We hid behind a stall and watched as a man with a cart entered. " We have to dress up as vegetable sellers," I told Tony. We walked up to an innocent potato seller and I knocked him out. As we put on robes and straw hats, Tony apologized profusely to the potato seller, who was lying unconscious on the floor. "Let's go, guys! I said.