Epilogue

Matsuo POV

Celebratory sounds filled the entire HQ. I turned my head last time to look at them. Through good times and bad times, these guys had always stuck together. They truly cared for one another. A family.

What I'd never had. 

Love and care that I never received.

I slowly stepped out of the HQ and it was raining outside. As I made my way to the gate I felt someone tap my shoulder. It was Echo. "Hey," she smiled, almost shyly. "Where are you going?"

I stared at her as if it was obvious.

"Home." I kept walking but Echo followed me.

"Stop, can't you see it's raining?"

"Go back in, you'll get sick," I replied and kept walking. Rain soaked my hair and my clothes as soon as I stepped out of the roof.

"Matsuo, stop," she said grabbing my shoulders and spinning me towards her, she slid her hands into mine and stood on her tip-toes." You are not going anywhere." She took a deep breath and continued, "Face it," she whispered, her face inches from mine, "You're one of us now." I grinned and gripped her hands tighter. 

    I let myself lean forward and I kissed her. Slowly, the chains around my heart unlocked and fell. My world felt like it was going to explode. She made me feel love for the first time and I had to admit, I loved it. Echo pulled away smiling. "What are you thinking about?" she asked me.

"Infinite nothingness. And you, Echo." I replied. She smiled, satisfied with my answer. The rain around us fell harder.  "So we should probably head back to the party," I said, brushing her wet bangs off her face.  I took her hand and we walked back together.

   "Hey Echo, Matsuo, where've you been? Y'all looked like a bunch of drowned rats" Layla laughed as we walked inside. I choked and Echo shook her head, flustered and water droplets flew everywhere. Paige who was sitting beside Shashi saw our clasped hands and gave us a knowing smile. Shashi whispered something into her ear and made her laugh.

     "What?" Echo demanded when Shashi and Paige cracked up.

     "Are you sure you want to know?" Paige asked, poking Shashi with her crutch.

     "Yes." 

     "Someone's been kissing in the rain," Shashi smirked from behind. Echo immediately turned as red as a cherry blossom and my face burned like fire.

  "So, was what Shashi just said tru-" I cut Paige off quickly.

"We've been uh... around," I said. Then we awkwardly joined Cisco, Frostee, Layla, and Tony on the dance floor. 

"Dance with me, Matsuo,"

"I don't really dance," I told Echo.

"Nah, even Layla's dancing!" She pointed out.

"Fine, you got me cornered." I surrendered. Echo pulled me onto the dance floor and I spun her around. 

     After the party, I start to go home again when Echo stops me in front of everyone.

"Guys, I have a confession." She says and raises my hand a little bit.

"Is it a love confession?" Tony says in a mocking tone.

"Quiet!" Laya hushes him and pokes him in the side making him jump up and swing her around.

"Indeed, it's a love confession," I said looking at Echo who smiled at me. 

                                                                   THE END! 

ILYSM! THX 4 Sticking with me 'till the end guys, it means a lot! :))) Chloe out! Be sure to check out my new story linked here: 

https://www.wattpad.com/story/322201024-secrets-for-centuries

For more spyracer stories, check out my friend Isabella ('s new work! Linked here:  https://www.wattpad.com/story/325355133-life-with-you