Chapter 13- Legends Revealed

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram- c.hloe.wn. TYSM! Also please vote~ I need to know if I need to write an epilogue~ Help me get to 60 votes!

Echo's POV

I watched as Paige prepared to jump over the cliff, with a car on her tail. "Just tell her to shoot a laser on the rope," Tony told Shashi. Moments later, Paige opened the car door and slashed the rope with a small blade. She got back in the car and jumped into the mud pit. "That works too."

I saw a person, get launched into the air and land on Paige's car. It was Mikira, and she jumped off the car and crossed the finish line. NO. NO. NO! Paige never loses. This can't be happening.

"Where's my reward?" she said jubilantly walking onto the stage. This was it. She was going to put the shurikens into the car and would unlock the time control.

"No! We have to stop them!" I shouted, looking at the stage. Paige was leaning against her car, arms crossed, watching with a smile on her face. What does she think she's doing? The Takako twins inserted the shurikens, only to find nothing had changed.

"What?" Mikira shrieked, "Maybe the legend isn't real!"

"No! The legend is real!" said Tony, jumping up on his seat, "We have the real shuriken and you don't, so HA!" Layla gasped and slapped a hand over his mouth. But it was too late. They had heard.

"What did you say?" Mikita snarled coming down from the stage. "Guards, get them!" Mikira shouted. Armed men ran toward us with tasers.

"Run!" Paige shouted as a group of men ran towards her. "I got it!" It was clear that she didn't get it. She was outnumbered. Shashi jumped off the bleachers and landed on the track. I followed Shashi, Paige, and Matsuo as Layla, Tony, Frostee, and Cisco got into their cars and tried to get the real shurikens as far away as possible. 

     "We're outnumbered!" Paige yelled. Then she turned to Matsuo. "Matsuo, could you activate your robotic arm?"

Matsuo shook his head. "It tempers with my head. I shouldn't turn it on."
"Okay," Paige agreed, "It's your arm after all."

   Suddenly, a guard lept forward and pressed the button on Matsuo's right arm socket, and at first, he shot the lasers at the men attacking us. But, eventually, when they were on the ground, he turned and started shooting at Paige, Shashi, and me.

 "Matsuo!" Paige shouted as she dodged the lasers that were being shot at her, "Can you hear me?"