Chapter 11 - Penthouse

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and Instagram c.hloe.wn for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM! :) Enjoy! I appreciate all of you for reading! Thank you so much! Love you guys! <3

     Layla's POV

    We drove towards Paige's Palace and Tony rang the doorbell. "Time difference!" Echo warned again too late. 

     "Who might be outside at this hour?" A lady with a British accent answered, "Oh, Master Tony, it's you." Tony puffed up his chest and strolled in with his chin in the air. Why did he have to be so cute? It was so hard staying mad at him.

     "Can we stay here for the night?" Tony smiled sheepishly at Paige who trudged down the stairs in a robe, half awake. 

     "I have every right to kick you out right now for waking me up at 2 in the morning right?" Paige rubbed her eyes.

     "Sorry sis, please?" Tony pleaded.

     "Look at that cute face, you can't kick the cute face out right now, right?" I asked, trying to help.

    "Look who showed up," Shashi smirked, walking down the stairs, "Hey love," He said, wrapping his arms around Paige's waist. She giggled and kissed him. A memory flashed in my head. It was me kissing Tony down at the docks. 

     I must've visibly flinched cause Tony grabbed my arm, "Hey, are you okay?" No, I'm not okay. I wish we could be like Paige and Shashi. I wish we were the perfect couple. Stupid thoughts. UGH! I wanted to bang my head on the wall. 

      "Ms. Von Cracken will be with you shortly. She'll show you your rooms." Paige and Shashi said retreating to their room.

     "This is much better than sharing a room!" Tony yelled jumping up and down on the king-sized bed, "I got the most brilliant idea ever! We'll steal the shurikens back as a surprise for Echo since she felt guilty about letting Mikira get away. Tony woke Shashi, Paige, and Frostee. Cisco was snoring away like a log and we couldn't wake him up. 

     "Race you guys there!" Paige said and jumped in her car with Shashi and Frostee. Tony and I hopped in his car. "You Toretto's really are so competitive." I chuckled. We stopped in front of a skyscraper hotel. According to Frostee, they were in the penthouse at the top of the hotel. 

     "We'll have to climb up. The hotel managers won't let us in that easily." I said and shot a grappling hook. Everyone else did the same, except for Tony who stared at the ground. Then I remembered him falling off a skyscraper when we stole the codes from Sudarikov. He must still remember the incident. "How about this, Tony and I will distract and you guys go get the shurikens?" I suggested and they all nodded. Frostee decided to stay in the car to update us on the Takako twins with his drones.

    "Hey, thanks. I just wanted to let you know that I'm NOT afraid of heights o... or skyscrapers." He stammered. 

    "I get it punk, now let's go distract." 

A few minutes later, we heard angry shouts coming from upstairs. What on earth was Paige and Shashi doing to the twins?