Chapter 8- Spydrone

Be sure to click on that little orange star and vote! Follow me on Wattpad and instagram at d4rkst4r720 for sneak peeks! (and also to support me!) TYSM! :) Enjoy!

Echo's POV

     "So you're saying Mikita has a race planned back home and Paige's racing in it?" Frostee asked. 

     "Paige's fine, she can take care of herself," Frostee said.

    "And she has Shashi." Layla said, "But he takes care of himself a little too well, some experiences I had." She muttered. 

     "We gave Mikira a spy drone so we have eyes on her at all times," Tony said, "Frostee? What's she doing now?" Frostee turned on his tablet and there they were, the Takako twins.  

     "The race is in 2 days," said one of the twins, Mikira, she had blue streaks in her hair. "The biggest threat is Shashi Dhar and his partner, Paige Ivy." Mikita rolled her eyes, "I'll make sure they don't win, by any, and I MEAN any means possible." Mikira smiled, "Don't worry, I'll get the other shurikens tonight. Take the first one and go." Then, the tablet went dark. 

      "No!" Tony moaned, "I have to tell Paige!"

     " Or," Layal said, "You could tell her to win the race, which she probably will." Tony glares at me and whips out his phone. 

     "I was going to say that before you rudely interrupted me."

     "Right." She rolled her eyes at him. What was up with them lately? The phone buzzed, then I remembered something. 

     "Tony! Time difference!" I shouted. Too late.

     "Who is it?" Paige yelled, "It's 2 in the morning! This better be important!" Tony smiled sheepishly at me. 

    "Hey, sis! You guys are still young! Why aren't you out at a nightclub or something?"

     "No. Hey Tony, sorry for shouting. What's up? You guys okay?"

     "You know the race you have in 2 days?" I asked.

     "Yeah, why?"

     "Someone's going to try and sabotage you," Tony said.

      "Ooh! Fun!" She smiles, "This is going to be a challenge!"

      "The saboteur's name is Mikita and her sister, Mikira stole the shurikens from Matsuo. Also, they aren't really related to him." Layla said, "They're after the prize car."

     "I'll make sure she doesn't get it because I also need that car for my collection." Paige promises and Tony sighs," If anything happened to you..." Paige waves him off, "I'll be fine! I'll sleep now, keep me updated!" The screen went dark.

     "Guys, don't you think Mikira's hiding something?" I asked, "She made us all sleep in one room." 

      Layla nodded, " Yeah! Tony snores! We really should check the other rooms." Tony blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. What was up with those two? We slid open the door and the room was bare, except for a closet in the corner. Matsuo walked forward and opened it. Then the ground opened and swallowed him. My heart sank and I ignored it. What was wrong with me? Without thinking, I opened the closet and jumped in 

     "Echooooo!" Tony's voice echoed (lol) behind me. 

     "Stay up there so you can pull me out later," I shouted as I landed with a thud on the floor. There was an old man, tied up and gagged, in the room with a single lightbulb, dangling from the ceiling. I ran over and started undoing the ropes while Matsuo removed the blindfold and gag. Matsuo suddenly dropped to the ground and bowed.

     "Oji-Chan! Who tied you up like this? Are you okay?" He asked. The old man's eyes became bright. 

     "Matsuo- mago! Is it really you?" He walked up to Matsuo and touched his face gently. Then they embraced. It was, indeed, Matsuo's grandfather. "The Takako twins tied me up. Then, they left me here, unable to tell you that you were falling into their trap." 

     "It's not your fault," Matsuo reassures him. I was beginning to see the soft side of him. Then, his grandfather turned to me and grinned, "Then you must be Matsuo's girlfriend? He was never good with the ladies!"