Chapter 4: Practice Not Hating II

Leafy was sitting under the hang out tree, waiting for Fanny and Yin-Yang. She is so excited to help those three over come their little problems. But she has to keep calm. Even though she has a terrible poker face. Fanny came by and said good morning to Leafy. "Huh, I notice your always here first Leafy. Why is that?" Fanny asked curious. Leafy looked at her and gave a tired but happy smile. "Oh just have to make good attendance. Don't want to be late at any important meetings." Leafy answered. Fanny sat down returned Leafy's statement with a grin. 'Hehe. Of course Leafy would do that.' Fanny thought happy to be close to her dearest friend. Her only friend. And forever her friend. Leafy looked around to see where Yin and Yang were. 'Maybe they are busy doing something. We can wait a little longer for them.' Leafy was thinking. Fanny knew that Leafy was trying to see where those annoying stupid opposites were. She hated them so much. She wants to grab a laser gun and disintegrate them. But if she did Leafy would never forgive her. So she has to keep her feelings to her self.

Yin and Yang woke up under the same pine tree they now usually sleep under. Yin had a strange dream last night. It has something to do with... 'Leafy? No, there's no way that Leafy could be in my dream. That's ridiculous.' Yin thought, both him and Yang starting to get up. They now started walking around the tree in circles thinking. "Alright. So Leafy is going to teach us to not fight all the time but instead trying to agree." Yin explaining to him self. Yang was ignoring him thinking about something else. 'Geez. Why does that stupid leaf care about us so much? No body cared for me at all before. But that nuisance fan. Man she's so annoying. Wish she can go be gone in a ditch.' Yang thought. And soon the both of them started walking to the hang out tree. Once they got there they saw both Fanny and Leafy talking to one another. Yin-Yang we're mostly looking at Leafy. Thinking what they'll do today. "Hello ladies. Looks like your morning is going well." Yin greeted, excited to hang out with them. "Well I don't care at all about you two. So uh- shut up Yin!" Yang called out. Leafy turned to them having one of the most happiest faces she ever pulled off. Fanny looked the opposite. Leafy stood up while Yin-Yang sat down next to Fanny. Fanny scooted away from them. Yin was a little sad by this. He wants to get to know Fanny and become friends. Yang tried to make a funny face at her but Yin stopped him. "Alright everyone. I have made a list that I made last night that you three can work on. First things first, Fanny will interact with Yin-Yang." Leafy explained looking like an actual mentor. Yin looked at her closely. Analyzing her. 'She's a good person for doing this for us and Fanny.' He thought. Fanny was listening to Leafy. She had to interact with those bozos. She was about to kick the dirt again through frustration. But she had to hold her feelings more. "So let's start. Fanny and Yin-Yang will face each other. Now try to start a conversation about anything that's positive." Leafy constructed. Both of the three obeyed. Fanny giving a nasty look and Yang sticking their tongue out. "Now, ready. Set. Go." Leafy said and both Fanny and Yin-Yang sat in silence. Yin finally broke the silence saying "Hi Fanny. Uh- how are you doing today?" He said awkwardly. Fanny looked at Leafy who was smiling. Fanny turned back and sighed. "I'm doing fine how are you?" She said trying to be nice. "Oh I'm fine." Yin answered scratching the back of their head. "Hey what about me!" Yang protested, looking angry. Fanny looked annoyed. But she tried to calm herself by breathing in and out, which didn't work and started talking, grinding her teeth. "Sorry Yang. How are you doing?" She said still annoyed. Yang was expecting her to yell in anger but he knows she's annoyed with him and started to instigate. "I'm having a terrible day with you being annoyed with me you off brand fan!" He called out. Yin looked at Fanny who was going to explode in rage. He had to do something to calm her down. "Oh no I'm terribly sorry about that Miss.Fanny! He's always like this. We know you don't like us very much because of our fighting. But please do forgive him. He's just, you know." Yin trying to not upset Fanny and Yang. Fanny relaxed by what Yin had said and Yang just sat there. Not Offended of what Yin said. "I um. Except you're apology." Fanny said calmly. Yin smiled at her answer. He made Fanny neutral. 'Maybe Yin isn't so bad after all. I don't know about Yang though.' Fanny thought. And she didn't use the word hate at all. Yin didn't fight with Yang too. Leafy was about to explode with joy. And she did.

"Oh my tree! You both did so awesome! You guys deserve to get gold stars!" Leafy exclaimed. Fanny put on a smile on her face. So did Yin. Yang was surprised. They didn't fight at all. "Fanny come here you deserve a hug!" Leafy started running to Fanny and giving her a tight hug. Fanny felt so secure with Leafy's hug. She wants this to last forever. Soon Leafy let go of her. Fanny felt disappointed. Soon Leafy walked towards Yin and Yang. They both looked her. "I'm also proud of you guys. You did great for your first try. Want a hug?" Leafy said opening her arms. Yin and Yang looked at her. Their eyes shining. They never had someone cared so much for them. They both nodded. And they both hugged each other. Yin- Yang felt Leafy's warmth through the hug. 'She cares about us...' Yang thought closing his eye. 'We can't let anything happen to her. And her dear friend.' Yin was thinking also closing his eye. Then Leafy let go from the hug. Yin-Yang opens their eyes again. Then leafy stand up and started talking. "Alright gang. Let's continue working together. You guys probably might become friends." Leafy told them. Clapping her hands. Soon Fanny and Yin-Yang turned back, face to face and started talking in a normal conversation. They had some things in common surprisingly. Yin and Fanny talking about what each of the shows their in do, and Yang giving unnecessary side comments. Soon Leafy joined in. All four talked for about three hours and Fanny and Yin-Yang didn't have any red flags. After awhile it started getting dark. All four started walking to the spot they usually looked at the stars and laid down.

Fanny has been thinking about Leafy so much lately. Like, what will they do tomorrow, what should she do to make a good impression. She shouldn't worry to much. Leafy is a caring person she'll understand. 'Of course she will.' Fanny thought to herself. Yin was thinking about Fanny. He's so happy that they are getting along now. They're finally becoming friends. Yang was thinking about Leafy. 'Isn't she afraid that I might do something terrible?' He thought. 'Why does she care? This is a strange feeling I'm getting. Please stop. Shut up feelings. Shut up!' He started pulling the grass aggressively. Yin noticed this. And tried to figure out what's going on. "Yang are you alright?" He asked worried. Yang stopped. And looked back at the sky. "It's none of you're business." He had a sharp tone. Yin didn't want to push it. So he relaxed. He knew something is wrong. But... tomorrow is another day.