Chapter 9: Laughing Flowers

Leafy was walking from the BFB area to the hang out tree. She was excited to meet her friends again today. She's always excited around her friends. She was almost there but she soon was seeing... 'Taller grass?' Leafy thought to her self. As Leafy got closer and closer, she soon realized it was a field of flowers. All sorts of soft colors that remind her of Easter. Even the hang out tree was blooming flowers. It was so beautiful. Leafy decided she'll go in the field and be buried with flowers all around her. "Oh my letters! Where did all these flowers come from?!" Book called out. Leafy sat up and looked at Book who was surprised. "Come in Book! Theses flowers are like dreamy clouds!" Leafy called after her. Book smiled and jumped in. Book was tunneling through the flowers then jumped on Leafy and both of them started laughing. "What you look at that. The Dr.Fizz really made the plants grow!" Fanny yelled and jumped in the flowers to. Everyone started Laughing. Everyone got up to play tag. They were running every where. Fanny was the first to be it. She targeted Book. Then Book tried to get both Fanny and Leafy. Leafy got tagged and tried to get the both of them. Leafy then tripped on the flowers and land face first. "Heheh. Hey Leafy you alright!" Fanny called to her still laughing with Book. Leafy sat up. "I'm good!" She called back and stood up to continue the game. "Hello ladies! What are you guys playing?" Yin greeted them. "Also where did these ugly flowers come from?" Yang feeling weird, stepping back. Fanny told them gingerly it was from the the Dr.Fizz incident. Yang was disappointed that his favorite drink would do something like this. Yin thought it was all the sugar. Yin wanted to sit down and enjoy the flowers. But Yang wanted to step on them. They were about to fight until Leafy, Fanny and Book came over. Yin-Yang stopped what they were doing. They were about to fight which didn't happen for a month now. Yin tried to stay calm and Yang was twitching from excitement. He wanted to ruin the flowers really badly. "Sigh. It's ok Yin. Yang can do what ever he pleases." Leafy stated having a gentle smile. Then Leafy,Fanny and Book ran back to the middle of the field. Yin-Yang got up, Yin was looking at a flower while Yang was stomping on them. Yin was thinking again about his soulmate. Who could it be? When will they meet? Yin has been thinking about this every night, ever since he first heard what a soulmate was. But he never found out who it could be. He could ask Candle but he didn't want to bother her. 'But I think I should focus on the person I think that I love? Who is it?' Yin thought trying to look around. He first looked at Fanny. 'No she dislikes me. Can't be her.' Yin thought. Yin then looked at Book. Book is a nice person. 'She's cool. But I don't feel that comfortable around her.' Yin was thinking. Finally Yin looked at Leafy. Leafy is very kind and caring. She's the one that brought the whole group together. She was always there for everyone. Even Yin and Yang. She's really beautiful and kind. She never left anyones side. She even helped people over come their problems. 'She's amazing. No... she's perfect.' Yin thought holding the flower to  their chest. Yang stopped destroying the flowers and looked at what Yin was doing. Yang decided to yell at Yin. "Hey Yin! If you want to talk to your lover then do so!" Yang yelled causing everyone's attention. Yin stopped and looked away. Yang was laughing hard. But realized who Yin was actually staring at. "You like LEAFY!!" He screamed. Yin tried to burry himself in the flowers but Yang was trying to get an answer out of him. They were struggling. Then all of a sudden laughter started to fill the silence everywhere. Little High pitched laughs are in everyone's mind. Leafy saw the flowers were laughing. She tried to cover her ears. But it's still loud as ever. Fanny hated theses childish flowers. Book didn't know what was going on. "Where is the laughing coming from?" Book tried to talk over the sound. "Their coming from the flowers!" Fanny yelled trying to stomp on them. "Is everyone ok?!" Leafy tried to yell over the flowers. Fanny and Book nodded. Leafy looked around to see where Yin-Yang were. She saw arms coming from the end of the flower field. Leafy ran towards them and grabbed Yangs arm and pulled them up. Yin-Yang looked at Leafy and they started to cough terribly. Fanny got so fed up with these annoying flowers she screamed all her might. "PLEASE STOP!!" And started to rip some of the flowers with her teeth. The laughter stopped. Everything went quiet. Fanny and Book can only hear forceful coughing. They saw Yin-Yang and Leafy in the distance. They ran up to them. Book and Fanny saw a horrible sight. Yin-Yang was coughing up blood. 'And flower petals?' Fanny thought. Leafy was rubbing their back. "Um Leafy? Is there anything we can do?" Book asked worriedly. "Book. Can you find a blanket to cover up Yin-Yang. And Fanny you don't have to but can you get a bottle of water?" Leafy instructed. Book nodded and ran to get a blanket. Fanny smiled at Leafy and turned away to get the bottle of water. Fanny gave a groan that she has to take care of Yin-Yang. Even though they aren't that good to her. She still has to be a good friends to them, and Leafy. Leafy sat down next to Yin-Yang under the tree. Their coughing got worse. Flowers started to grow on them. Leafy was worried about them. She never saw someone like this. 'Geez! Why do I have to deal with this feeling! I hate it. Even though it feels good... NO! It's disgusting!' Yang thought to himself. Flower stems soon got tangled with both Yangs and Yin throats. Leafy hugged them to make them feel more comfortable. Yin-Yang felt more petals coming. So much more. They threw up. Bloody petals were all over the laughing flowers now. "Oh no! Am I making it worse I'm sorry Yin-Yang! Do you know what's causing this!" Leafy asked trying to help them also. Yin-Yang looked at her. Their hearts beating. 'The flowers won't stop until you tell her.' Yin thought. Yin was about to tell her but Yang cut him off. "No we're fine! Stop asking! Sorry I didn't mean to yell at you darl-What!" Yang covered their mouth. What was he saying? Yin was surprised he even said sorry. To anyone! Leafy was confused what was going on with them. Book came back with a checkered board blanket. She folded it out and gently put on Yin-Yang. Fanny came back with a bottle of water. 'Hope these black and white things drink this.' Fanny thought handing it to Leafy. Leafy gave the water to Yin-Yang. "Hey! No Dr.Fizz?!" Yang complained. Yin nudged him and they drank it. Leafy was glad they cooperated. Yin-Yang felt a little better. Book sat down next to them and Fanny next to Leafy.  It was starting to become night time. The stars came alive again. Book was happy Yin and Yang are doing well again. Leafy was happy but worried it might happen again. Fanny was glad Yin-Yang were doing fine. But that caused more attention to Leafy.

Yin-Yang felt flowers growing on them again. All because of Leafy sitting next to them. Yin wanted to feel Leafy's hand. He wanted to spend time with her. Enjoy things together. Yang on another hand wanted Leafy to be in his arms. Protect her from everyone else. Flowers continued growing and growing. Book notice this. "Yin-Yang! Calm down what's wrong?" She whispered. The flowers stopped growing. They shrinked back. Yin-Yang looked at her. "Sorry Book. It won't happen again." Yin whispered back. They watched the stars. Book knew what was going on. But she wanted Yin-Yang to tell Leafy themselves.

Tomorrow is the last day.