01

" did you miss me? "

The scent of lavender lingered around the clinic. The pictures of babies were hung on the ivory colored walls. The excited chattering and gossiping of ladies filled the air. Some were there for their first checkup, while some were for their routine one. Some had a protruding belly, while some had a hardly visible bump.

Kuroo walked down the hallway of the clinic. His hand held the phone near his ear. The call was from work. Now that he was working for the volleyball association, he was quite a busy bee. Most of his time was spent either at work or on call with his colleagues.

The waiting room was bustling with giggles and laughters. The atmosphere was familiar to him as he remembered the last time he came here. He walked to a quiet corner to discuss the terms with his manager.

While talking, his eyes absentmindedly scanned the room. Until he gaze stopped at a certain person. Now, he wasn't particularly focusing on the call. Rather, his eyebrows furrowed as he took another glance at the familiar person to confrim his suspicion.

It's been like a year or two since they last met. The image of teary eyes and a sad smile popped up in his mind. He remembered how much heartbroken he was when she told him about her moving to Kyoto. She was heartbroken as well.

He could tell how much she has changed in a year. Her long hair was tied in a half bun. She was wearing a baby blue dress reaching down her knees. What was most different about her was the frown on her face. He has always seen her smiling all those five years he has known her. This made his heart sink. However, the repeated calling of his name broke his stance.

"Kuroo-san?"

"H-huh, yeah. I am listening."

"Are you satisfied with
the work?"

"Yeah, I am... Ahira-san, something came up. I'll call you later."

He hurriedly ended the call. He was so caught up with his thoughts that he didn't know what his manager was talking about. He glanced back at the doctor's door. It seemed like it would take more time. In the meantime, he decided to greet her.

Y/N's eyes were cast down on her lap. While all the ladies there were happily chatting to each other, she was all quiet. Her gaze was filled with sadness. She had to blink her tears every five minutes. Her hand lightly grazed over her stomach. She just wanted to leave the place. Negativity was creeping up in her heart.

"Y/N? L/N Y/N?"

The call of her name made her blink away her tears, and she looked up only for her eyes to widen in surprise.

How long has it been since she last saw him? Almost a year or two. Looking at him now, she could tell he was still the same person as he was the last time she saw him. She has seen his pictures, which her cousin would show her. But seeing him in person was different for her.

He was a bit taller and more toned. He was wearing a white button-up shirt with rolled sleeves. The black fitted pants accentuated his physique. Of all his features, his bedhead and his warm hazel eyes remained the same as they were back then.

"Kuroo?"

A sudden question popped into her mind.

What was he doing here?