23

" my wife "

"I am home."

Kuroo's exhausted voice echoed in the hallway. Y/N peeped from the kitchen with a bright smile. He flashed a tired one before slipping out of his shoes.

He didn't even get to change into his slippers when his phone rang. With a groan, he accepted the call.

"Sorry to disturb you,
Kuroo-san."

"It's alright, Ahira-san. What's the matter?"

Y/N's eyes widened for a fraction of a second as he hugged her from behind and rested his forehead on her shoulder. Wiping her hands, she raked her fingers through his hair.

"I am sorry, Ahira-san. I'll complete the report tomorrow, or if it's urgent, could you please ask someone else?"

Y/N frowned at his worn-out tone.

"But Kuroo-san-"

"I want to spend some time with my wife and my child."

"huh? child?-"

Kuroo immediately hung up on Ahira. Putting his phone in the trouser pocket, he nuzzled more into her shoulder. His arms tightened around her as he contently sighed. 

"So, wife, huh?"

He hummed before propping his chin on her shoulder. She turned around to face him, which only earned him a frown from her. He needed to sleep badly. His eyes were struggling to remain open. Nonetheless,  he smirked at her question.

"Yea, Ahira-san thinks that you're my wife."

Y/N patted his cheek before slipping out his identity card.

"And you didn't clear his assumption?"

Kuroo chuckled at her question. A lopsided smile appeared on his face as he leaned to peer into her eyes.

"I like the sound of that. My wife."

Y/N's cheeks flared up at his soft tone and gaze. She buried her face into his chest, making him snicker.

"We aren't married yet, Tetsurou. You have to wait."

He thoughtfully hummed before pecking her lips. She blushed at his sudden action but smiled anyway.

"Well, that's unfortunate. I am impatient when it comes to you, my wife."

He pecked her lips once again before showering her with more kisses. Her laughter echoed in the house. Out of a sudden, she felt the baby kick. Her hands went to her abdomen. It made Kuroo worried, but he calmed down as she smiled.

"Looks like the baby is as impatient as you, husband."

Her words made him so overjoyed that he passionately kissed her.

"Are you craving anything?"

Y/N peered over her shoulder while sitting on the patio. Kuroo laid down beside her while placing his head on her lap. Instinctively, her fingers combed through his messy hair. His sleepy eyes closed as he sighed.

"I guess so. Onigiri. I think there are some left in the cupboard."

Kuroo sat up, which made her miss his warmth. He turned on his phone to check the time.

"Nah. There aren't."

He smiled as she frowned at the absence of onigiris. She wasn't particularly fond of the rice dish, but the pregnancy hormones decided otherwise. Y/N stared at his extended hand in confusion.

"Let's go. There's a shop round the corner. It has banger onigiris. You'll like it."

Y/N incredulously stared at him before shaking her head.

"No. it's not like I can't live without them. You should go to sleep. See, you need sleep now. You were so exhausted today when you returned. You have work tomorrow as well. You need rest."

However, he didn't listen to her. He picked her up and walked inside and placed her on the couch. She frowned at his actions. He never thought of himself. 

"I want to spend time with my wife and child. I said that, and I meant it. Let's go."

Y/N sighed in defeat as she knew that it was pointless to stop him. Kuroo stopped as he saw her frowning. He cupped her cheeks and pouted.

"Please, don't frown. I don't like seeing you like that. Don't worry about me. I'll be okay. I don't want to keep my baby waiting."

Y/N munched on the onigiri while Kuroo sleepily sat beside her. The cool night wind combed her bangs, making her snuggle beside him.

Looking up at his sleepy eyes, guilt crept up in her heart. She dusted her hands and hugged his arm. Kuroo was startled at her sudden action before calming down.

"Tetsurou?"

His hazel eyes stared as she entwined their hands. He hummed to let her continue.

"I love you."

Warmth poured into his heart at her affection. He kissed her forehead, making her smile soflty at him. His cheeks were tinted red as she continued to stare at him with an affectionate gaze.

"I love you, too."

"I really really love you."

With furrowed eyebrows and a confused smile, he stared at her. Nonetheless, he replied.

"I love you too."

"I adore you so much, Tetsurou."

Kuroo's eyes widened at the sight of her glossy eyes. She nuzzled his bicep, avoiding eye contact with him. With his free arm, he lifted her face. His worry disappeared as she smiled.

"What's with all of this?"

She hummed thoughtfully. She leaned onto his arm with her cheek squished against it. Kuroo could make out the red colour on her cheeks. He inwardly chuckled at her shyness. One of the so many things which he loved about her.

"Making up for missing the moon while counting the stars."

He laughed at her words. His signature hyena laughs, which she weirdly loves about him. Her eyes continued to stare at his gleeful face. She wanted to engrave his feature so as to evoke them whenever he was not there with her.

Kuroo reciprocated her soft look. His lips curved into an endearing smile.

"Lucky for you, it was a new moon night."

A wide smile appeared on her face as she chuckled at his words. Kuroo's eyes widened as she leaned in to kiss him. With a relieved sigh, he immediately kissed her back.

His hands were on her cheek and back while her fingers raked through his hair. As they parted, Kuroo rested his forehead on hers. Smiles broke out on their flushed faces.

"I adore you too, love."