06

" it's all new to me "

Y/N draped her wet hair in a towel and stepped out of the bath. She made a beeline to her room to change out of the sweats and t-shirt she wore after bathing. She decided that she couldn't just walk around Kuroo's home wearing a bath robe.

Meanwhile, Kuroo had an unspoken rule for himself. When she is bathing, he will either be in his room or in the living room.

Y/N glanced at Kuroo as he was on call with someone while laying down on the patio. She was about to go back to her room when he gestured to her to take the call. She walked up to him with a confused face. It soon turned into a relaxed expression when he told her that it was Teruko.

"Hello, Teruko-san!"

"Mou Y/N, call me
nee-san like you used to."

She could imagine the older woman's pouty face. She sheepishly chuckled.

"How are you... Nee-san?"

"I am doing good. I was planning to go shopping today. So, I asked Tetsuro if you wanna join. He'll drive us to the mall. If you are okay with it only."

She hummed and thought for a moment. Her mind ran through the list of her work for the day. Eventually, she spoke.

"Hmm. I guess I can join."

"Yay! Then it's settled.
At 12. ok?"

Y/N chuckled at her cheerfulness and bid her goodbye. She handed the phone to Kuroo.

"I think we should leave at 12:45. It'll only take 15 mins to reach Ruko-nee."

Kuroo told her, and she agreed with it. She was about to go to the kitchen for breakfast when he held her shoulders and made her sit on the patio.

"I'll make the breakfast today. You just sit here."

They bickered over it for a minute, after which she gave up. Kuroo flashed a victorious grin and disappeared in the kitchen. Her ears picked up the clanking sound of the utensils. She winced as a few spoons fell on the floor. She sighed and shook her head.

Y/N was about to open the door to step out of the car when Kuroo's voice stopped her.

"Wait, Y/N, let me help you after Nee-san."

She watched as he opened the door for his sister and helped her out of the car. Somehow, now that she has spent a few weeks with him, she found something different about him. Although, she couldn't pinpoint it.

Was it the way he became more mature? But then again, she could vividly remember him acting like an eighty-year old in high school. Or was it the way he became more considerate? It was difficult for her to answer.

But nonetheless, now she could see him in a different light, in a positive and warm way.

Her reverie was broken when she noticed his hand extended towards her. He gently held her hand and helped her step out of the car.

Unbeknownst to them, a pair of hazel eyes were watching them with an amusing glint in them.

Kuroo walked over to Teruko, who was checking the onesies. He watched as she took some with her. Occasionally, he would also go through some. His hazel eyes sparkled as he held the soft fabrics. They felt too soft and fuzzy. Teruko took notice of it and turned to him.

"Are you not going to buy anything?"

"Hmm, no. I am not good at this, you know that."

Teruko chuckled at him.

"But the clothes you bought for Akari were really lovely. She loves them."

A soft smile crept up on his face as he recalled the joyful expression of his niece whenever he would bring her something. She was totally spoiled by him. Shaking his head, he took the basket from her hand. Teruko giggled at him when he looked around the shop searching for someone.

"She is there at the toy department."

She pointed out, and Kuroo turned only to spot her softly, smiling while looking at stuff toys. She grazed her hands over the soft toys. There were pandas, unicorns, and lions. She found them cute.

She recalled buying a cloud stuff toy for herself. She loves shopping stuff toys. The Star Stuff toy keychain dangled on her phone, which she bought from her first salary from a part-time job. Now, she would have to buy some more for her child. She was looking forward to it excitedly.

Seeing her smiling face, he couldn't help but smile himself. Teruko watched their indirect interaction. She shook her head and softly spoke.

"You guys would make a lovely couple, Tetsuro."

Kuroo's eyes widen at her words. She was humming while looking at more clothes. His lack of answer made her look up at him, and she could only have a lopsided grin as she further teased him.

"I would love to have Y/N as my sister-in-law."

This was all it took to get him blushing. He looked away and walked to a different section. Teruko snickered at her younger brother's flustered expression. She decided to tease him a little more. After all, she is Kuroo Tetsuro's sister.

"So.....?"

Kuroo sighed with frustration. He knew his sister was not going to stop teasing him anytime soon. Rather, it would be increasing because his face is extremely expressive when it comes to Y/N. He looked away from his sister, making her snicker.

"Ruko-nee, stop it."

Kuroo looked up as Y/N walked to them. He noticed her empty hands. He wondered why she didn't buy anything. Teruko seemed to have the same thought as she immediately pointed it out.

"You didn't buy anything, Y/N?"

Y/N sheepishly smiled and mumbled something that wasn't unheard by Kuroo. Teruko smiled at the shy younger girl. She looked at her expectantly, waiting for her to say it clearly.

"I don't know what to do. It's all new to me."

Her eyes were averted in another direction while she sheepishly scratched her cheek. Kuroo snickered at her reaction while the older lady took her hands, dragging her. Noticing her hesitation, Kuroo softly nudged her arm and tilted her head toward his sister.

"Don't worry. Nee-san is here for you."

She glanced towards Teruko, who was excitedly waiting for her. She nodded and followed her with a smile. She turned to him only to see him walking to a side with the phone near his ear. Her gaze lingered on his back before she went to Teruko.

Once again, he left her with a different feeling. One which she is still trying to name.