21

" why won't you understand? "

Y/N and Kuroo were in the living room after he returned from work. She was sitting on the floor with her laptop on the table. While he was beside her with his work.

A question popped into her mind, making her stop her work. She side glanced towards Kuroo, who was busy on his phone. Despite being discrete, he sensed her hesitation. He put away her phone and focused on her.

"Everything alright, Y/N?"

Hesitation crept up in her heart as she contemplated. However, she decided to ask him.

"Kuroo, why didn't you find a girlfriend?"

Kuroo's hazel eyes widened at her words. Y/N could sense his hesitation and contemplation over her question. His eyes wandered over the table as he decided whether to reply or not. After waiting for a while, he turned to her.

Y/N's heart sped up at his softest expression. She could feel her throat getting dry.

"My heart is already set on someone."

This time, Kuroo was being transparent with his feelings. He wasn't masking his expressions to hide his feelings from her. His hazel eyes expressed each and every ounce of love he has for her.

But the thing is, she failed to decode his gesture because she was blinded by her heartbreak. The broken look of her confirmed that she still didn't understand. He closed his eyes and spoke further.

"She is going to be a mother."

Y/N eyes widened at his words. She looked up at his face only to see his adoring hazel eyes staring back at her. She wanted to believe that it was her. She wanted to be her.

Kuroo leaned in and pressed his forehead against hers. Her breath hitched at the closeness. She felt his hand holding hers. She could feel the warmth. Even at the steep angle, she could see his trembling lips.

"Why... Why won't you understand?"

His whispered words made her eyes water. Desperation and frustration dripped from his words. Kuroo didn't move away. He was tired of considering her bubble. He was tired of controlling himself. He didn't care if she loved him back or not. He just wanted to let it all out.

But he wasn't ready for her reply.

"I... I am sorry."

His eyes shot up at her broken voice. He leaned away as the tears spilt from her eyes. Her hands held onto his as she leaned into his chest.

"I am sorry for not understanding... for not realizing your feelings... back then. I am sorry I didn't realize that I chose someone wrong when you were there."

Kuroo remained stunned at her words. She clutched his shirt and looked up at him. His heart shattered at the look in her red eyes. Tears were still streaming down her cheeks.

"Kuroo, to be honest, I missed you. A lot. Every second when I moved away. I am stupid."

She dryly chuckled at her foolish self.