27

" namie. my blessing. "

After what felt like an eternity, her ears picked up various voices in the background, although they were as muffled as earlier. The darkness seemed to have subsided, and she could make out a well-lit room.

The anaesthesia seemed to have worn off as she was able to comprehend her surroundings and senses. Her eyes watered as she felt a piercing pain in her lower half from the abdomen. It felt as if a hundred needles were piercing through her skin while she was conscious. Her lower back was hurting immensely.

A small cry escaped her, gaining the attention of everyone in the room.

"Mumma."

Her mother rubbed the back of her hand to sooth her. She caressed her head in an attempt to help her bear the pain. She could understand how much pain she was feeling at that moment.

"Y/N dear, shh, it's alright. Don't move much. It'll hurt more. I am here."

Hearing her cries, Kuroo rushed to her side. She slowly opened her eyes. Tears cascaded down her cheeks as she tried to endure the pain. Her glossy eyes shifted towards him. His hazel eyes were brimming with concern.

"Tetsurou."

She called out, and he held her hand while brushing away her hair from the forehead. He continued to caress her head while whispering sweet nothings.

"Hey, love. I am here."

"It hurts, Tetsurou."

Even breathing became a hassle for her as with every breath, the cloth would graze her stiches, increasing the pain. He leaned down and kissed her forehead.

"Hey, you're a strong girl. It's going to be alright. It hurts at first, but it'll end soon. I am here for you. Don't cry, love."

She returned a shaky nod and tried to divert her attention to somewhere else. He wiped her tears while rubbing her hand.

"Do you need anything?"

She shook her head, but he could sense her shivering. He gingerly brought the blanket to her neck while trying not to let it touch her stitches.

"It's so cold, Tetsurou."

"It's okay. We have put up the room heater. Don't move much and try not to speak much, okay?"

Her mother brought the heater closer to her to help her with the cold. It was November, and the loss of blood wasn't helping her with the cold.

"Tetsurou, where is our baby?"

Kuroo turned to find her resting in Kiyoko's arms. Sensing his gaze, the bespectacled woman walked to him to hand over the sleeping baby. After that, she suggested that everyone should leave the couple alone. Y/N eyes tirely followed her cousin befire focusing on the bundled girl in Kuroo's arms.

"Here is your little girl."

He gently raised the baby so that she could get a clear view of her. It was enough to make her forget about the pain she went through for all these hours and months.

"She's so small, right?"

Kuroo chimed in, making her nod with a warm smile. He shifted closer to her as he continued talking.

"She hasn't opened her eyes till now. I wonder who she takes after. It would be better if she got her mumma's eyes. Don't you think? Oh, have you seen her little fingers? She did that cute little thing. You know, wrapping her hand around my finger -"

Y/N's exhausted eyes shifted from the baby to him. His eyes were trained on his bundle of happiness as he rambled about how cute and tiny she was. She could only adore the sight. The sight which she had always thought and dreamt of.

"Aren't you adorable?"

"She is, isn't she?"

"I wasn't talking about her, though."

Kuroo looked up only to see a sly smile creeping up on his lover's face. One which always meant that she was teasing him. He immediately everted his gaze, but the pink hue decorated his face.

However, with a smirk, he leant down and captured her lips in a surprise kiss. It wasn't a simple peck but a liplock. He pulled away, not without pecking her lips once more. This time, it was her turn to get flustered.

"I want to hold her, Tetsurou."

At her request, Kuroo put the baby into the crib before going out to find the nurse. The nurse reclined the back so that she could comfortably sit without exerting pressure on her stiches.

Y/N watched in awe and surprise as he let her hold the girl. She gently cradled the baby in her hold. As if the baby sensed the familiar warmth of her mother that she opened her eyes for the first time.

Her action made Kuroo peer over the cloth to get a closer look.

"Look, look. I was right. She's got your looks."

Y/N chuckled at his excited words. She caressed the baby's cheeks, making her nuzzle into her fingers.

"She couldn't get your features, but I am sure she would get her father's attitude."

At her words, he raised his eyebrows while snickering.

"Oya? How can you say that?"

She shrugged in response while turning her attention at him. Her lips formed a pout.

"Mother's intuition."

Their chuckles reverberated throughout the room before falling into a comfortable silence. Y/N sighed and fixed her baby's blanket. Her eyes continued to adore her.

At that moment, nothing mattered, not even her lover. It was just her and her baby. The reminiscences of the past nine months flashed like a record in her mind. Just as Aiko said, all the pain and struggle is all worth it at the end.

While a baby out of a wedlock is frowned upon by society and considered as a burden, her little girl was a blessing for her. Someone she would always be grateful for.

"Have you thought of her name?"

Kuroo's soft voice broke her out of her reverie. She hummed in content before bringing the baby as close as possible to her chest.

"Namie. My blessing."

He stared at them with adoration. She was dressing in a hospital gown. Her hair was messily tied. She looked frail because of blood loss. But to him, she was the most beautiful. Motherhood suited her.

"You might've decided her name."

She hummed in confusion as he started. Her face flushed at the sight of his sly smirk. His eyes were hooded as her stared right back into hers.She knew he was going to say something teasing.

"I'll name the second born."

Y/N's face resembled a tomato at that point. She leaned sidewards to hide her face into his face but instead winced at the pain from her abdomen. Kuroo's expression morphed into a panicked one at her groan. He took Namie from her hold, letting her lay down in relief.

"Tetsurou?"

He hummed, letting her continue. He cradled Namie as she peacefully slept. He could've put her in her crib, but he didn't want to let go of her.

"Happy Birthday, love."

His eyes went straight to the clock. It was 6 in the morning. Looking back at her, he found her staring at him with a sly smirk. Realization dawned upon him. He instantly looked down at his baby girl and then checked the time of Saeko's call.

It was at 11:30 at night and he arrived. The delivery took an hour at least.

His eyes began to water as he realized, and he kissed his daughter and cuddled her close to his chest. Strings of 'I love you's' spewed out of his mouth, each laced with the same amount of affection.

His precious baby girl was born on his birthday.