28

" motherhood suits you "

Kuroo's eyes fluttered open as the cacophony of the alarm tone entered his ears. Groggily, his hand searched for the phone and snoozed it. Out of habit, he rolled to his side to hug her. Only for his hand to land on a small arm.

He was wide awake as he stared the little hands peeping out of the blanket. With a soft smile, he placed his finger in those tiny hands only for Namie to grab them. He caressed her small body with his finger, making her squirm.

Not wanting her to cry, he rolled on his stomach to take a look at his baby girl. Her small doe eyes were wide open. He watched as they darted over the entire room. His heart sank at the sight of her unfamiliar feature. She didn't inherit her mother's eyes.

A soft chuckle escaped him as she quietly yawned. His train of thoughts broke, and he lightly nuzzled into her blanket. He started panicking as she squirmed a little too much for the liking.

His eyes averted to the sleeping mother beside Namie. She looked peaceful in her sleep. He carefully sat and took the baby in his arms. Sensing her father's warmth, she quitened. Her glossy doe eyes stared at his tender hazel eyes, which held nothing but awe and love.

"Morning, lil one. You awake?"

He brought her near himself and nuzzled into her body. His heart lept up with joy as her tiny fingers grazed his cheeks. The floral smell of the baby powder invaded his senses.

"Papa is happy to have you here. I am. I love you. Mumma calls you her blessing. For me, you both are my blessings."

He pressed a tender kiss on her forehead, and her eyes closed in content at the affection. He cradled her and continued talking. Telling her how much he was lucky to have such a beautiful daughter.

"You really took after your mumma. Minus the eyes, but let's not talk about that. That doesn't mean I don't love them. I already love everything about my baby."

It was a one-sided conversation, but the baby continued to reply to him with her stares and blinks. Kuroo brought her closer to his chest. He always had a soft expression when it came to Y/N, and he thought that's all he could express. But that little bundle of joy in his arms proved him wrong.

The look full of tenderness and affection rivalled the previous one.

Y/N's eyes opened to the sight of Kuroo talking to their daughter. With half-lidded eyes, she moved her face to have a look at the new father. A smile crept on her face as she watched him whisper sweet things to Namie.

"Try saying Papa, baby."

Her cover was blown off as she let out a sleepy giggle at his words. She gingerly wrapped her arm around his thigh and nuzzled into his side.

"She's just a week old, honey. You have to be patient."

Kuroo looked down at her smiling face. As if Namie recognised her mother's voice, she let out a shrill cry, making both of the adults wince. Kuroo instantly cradled her to calm her, but it was in vain.

"She's hungry. Give her to me."

Y/N winced as she tried to sit up. Her abdomen hurt like hell. The pain subsided because of medicines, which is why she was able to sleep. Kuroo carefully handed Namie to her.

Y/N undid the top buttons of her shirt to feed her. Meanwhile, Kuroo laid down near her, imitating her actions from before. He nuzzled into her thigh to give her privacy.

When Namie was done, Y/N patted her back to make her burp. While she was doing so, she felt a pair of eyes on her. Her cheeks reddened as she could basically feel his love through his stare.

His hazel eyes took in every detail of her. Her hair was tied in a messy braid because she had just woken up. Her skin was looking better than the other day. Nonetheless, she still looked frail. It has been just a week. It'll take time for her to get back to her usual self.

But the messy hair, slightly paler skin, and delicate frame couldn't stop him from fawning over her. He couldn't help but admire her new aura.

"Tetsurou, you're staring too much."

He chuckled at her words, making her heart skip a beat. He never fails to get a reaction from her. He took her free hand as she held Namie with another and planted a sweet kiss on her palm.

As if she wasn't blushing before, Y/N now resembled a cherry. Her eyes averted shyly as he continued to stare at her.

"I can't help it."

He started as he sat up. She stared right at him as he leaned near her face. His eyes seemed to wander across her face while he tucked a strand behind her ear.

"Motherhood suits you."

With this, he kissed her. With one hand supporting him, his another one cupped her cheek. Her free hand clutched his shoulder as she reciprocated the action.

As they pulled away, Y/N smiled before looking down at her sleeping daughter.

"I can say the same for you. Fatherhood made you more attractive."

It was moments like this when Kuroo was the one left blushing. His hand hid his red face while she giggled. But soon, that blush changed into a smirk. His iconic cheshire smirk.

"Well, I am a whole package,  sweetheart. A husband material and a daddy material."