24

" you're pretty "

Y/N sleepily slid open the door. Her eyes widened as Kuroo stepped out of his room at the same time. A wide smile appeared on her face as she didn't give him any time to react. His sleepy hazel eyes widened as he felt her hug him tightly.

Her eyes closed in bliss as he pressed a lingering kiss on her forehead. Y/N tilted her head and stared at his face. She took her time to adore his features.

Her eyes lingered on his messier hair. His forehead was hidden under his bangs. His hazel eyes struggled to remain open. They were brimming with exhaustion. His chapped lips were twisted in an amusing smirk. That's when she realized that she had been staring for a while.

Her face flushed, but she continued staring. Kuroo watched her in confusion and shyness. He wasn't used to this. He preferred to be the one who would tease.

"What is it?"

Y/N playfully hummed before replying.

"Just wondering."

His hold around her tightened as she circled her arms around his neck. Her fingers played with his back hair. He was amused at her reply. He couldn't help but further ask.

"Wondering what?"

It was for the first time at that moment that she averted her eyes. Kuroo teasingly hummed, making her blush. She sighed before looking back at him.

"That... You're pretty."

She chuckled at the glimpse of his reddened ears. Kuroo regained his composure before smirking back at her. Y/N knew, just by the look on his face, she knew he was going to say something cheesy.

"Well... You're cute. So, we make a pretty cute couple, right?"

Y/N scrunched her nose before bursting into giggles.

"Enough of this cheesiness now. You told me Kenma and everyone would be coming today?"

Kuroo's eyes lit up in remembrance. Y/N inwardly chuckled at his cute reaction. He loves his team. His hold around her waist tightened as he added.

"But But But. You're not going to do anything. Fukunaga will take the kitchen. You are not going to step away from the couch."

Y/N pouted as he reprimanded her. She wanted to make something special for them, but here she was, getting nagged by her lover.

"Y/N-san!!!"

Inuoka and Shibayama cheerfully greeted her while Kenma just nodded before smirking.

"No, no. Not Y/N-san anymore. Make it Kuroo-san."

Y/N smacked Kenma's arm while blushing furiously. She knew Kuroo couldn't keep anything to himself. He has to tell everything to Kenma, doesn't matter if the latter listens to him or not.

It was later in the night when Kuroo returned. A tired sigh escaped him as he slipped out of his shoes and headed to the living room, which was filled with laughter.

His eyes instinctively searched for her. His exhaustion died as he spotted her. Sensing his gaze, she looked up to meet his tired eyes. She frowned at his sleepy state but smiled nonetheless as he mouthed 'I am home'.

Kuroo watched with his lips pressed in a thin line as she had a hearty conversation with Kenma. His eyes narrowed as she leaned against the blond's arm while chuckling at his words.

Y/N watched in confusion as he made his way to her. Her cheeks lit up as he laid down in her lap. His face was smushed against her swollen abdomen. Kenma had an exasperated expression as he witnessed his friend's antics.

"Kuroo-san, you can't just monopolise Y/N-san!"

Inuoka's whiny voice chimed in at which everyone shared a laugh except the concerned person. Y/N sweatdropped at his muffled words.

"But I missed her!"

Amidst the commotion, Y/N's hand went to her belly as she felt her baby's kick. Kuroo placed a lingering kiss on her belly.

"See, the baby misses Papa. See!"

He would frequently do that. It didn't affect her since it was just the two of them every time. However, everyone's presence made her extremely flustered as she hid her burning face in her hands.

Kuroo decided to level down his teasing. He sat beside her with his arm wrapped around her shoulders. She buried her blushing face in his chest. Kenma turned on the television to distract everyone, to give the couple their privacy.

Kuroo craned his neck to place a swift kiss on her ear shell before whispering in her ear.

"Sorry, I went too far."

Y/N shook her head and looked up at him. He tilted his head to lend her an ear. His lips contorted into a wide smile as she whispered back.

"I missed you too."

With that, she kissed him on the cheek. It seemed as if he was unsatisfied with the affection as he squished her cheeks, making her pout.

With a hum, he kissed her.

Meanwhile, everyone else was unaware of their intimate moment.