09

" Like someone? "

"It's all for today. Please complete the given assignment positively. And have a good evening."

Y/N huffed and shut her laptop. Leaning against the couch, she stretched, relieving her strained muscles. She requested her school to reduce her working hours, which they complied. Too much work would affect her health.

The door slid open, making her lean back to look. Kuroo entered the room and plopped on the couch beside her. She turned to him as he let out a yawn. His eyes were drooping occasionally as he just woke up. She checked his temperature, which fortunately went down.

"Ahira-san called in the morning. He said that you could call him back for updates."

Kuroo lazily nodded while he leaned against the armrest. He picked up his phone from the table and scrolled down the contact list. Clicking the call button, he held it up near his ear.

"Your wife picked up the call. She told me that you're not well. Are you fine now?"

His eyes subconsciously darted in her direction. She was plugging the charger for the laptop before going to the kitchen. His gaze lingered over her back for a while. His chin rested on his palm as he leaned on the armrest, staring in her direction.

"Oh, yeah, I am fine. So, is there anything for me to do?"

His eyebrows furrowed in concern as he watched her try to open the upper cupboard. After trying a few times, she gave up and sighed. She went back to stirring the coffee on the gas stove.

Y/N wanted to get the onigiris she bought the other day while shopping. Kuroo might have put the box on the upper shelf as he unpacked the stuff. She was craving for them but decided to leave it for later. She would ask him to put them down later.

Her eyes widened as she felt warmth at her back. A warm hand clasped around her forehead, pushing it back. She could feel herself leaning against his chest. Kuroo did so to avoid any injury from the cupboard door as the door had a strong magnet, and it had to be opened with force.

She looked up at the sound of the cupboard opening. Kuroo had his phone clutched between his ear and shoulder while he looked down at her. He silently questioned her about what she wanted to pick while occasionally humming on the call.

She could feel the vibrations of his chest as he talked with the person on the other side of the call.

She whispered in reply, and he placed the onigiri box down on the counter. He ruffled her hair and emptied the onigiris on a plate. His actions flustered her as she could still feel his warmth lingering on her back.

What she didn't notice was a smirk forming upon his lips when he saw the reddened tips of her ears. He inwardly chuckled before walking off to the living room.

Y/N placed the coffee cups on the table while Kuroo was on call. She opened the lid of the onigiri box only to get hit by the delicious aroma of onigiris. She loves onigiri, even before her pregnancy. If the onigiris are from Onigiri Miya, then it's the cherry on top.

She happily munched on them, soothing her taste buds and cravings. Kuroo watched as her rosy cheeks were puffed up because of the snack. His call ended, and he sat beside her, taking the cup of coffee in his hand.

"Oh, do you want some, Kuroo?"

He turned to her as she extended her hand with onigiri towards him. At first, he thought to refuse, but seeing her delighted expression, he accepted it.

Y/N's eyes widened as he caught her wrist and leaned to take a bite of the snack. Heat rushed to her cheeks, and she couldn't help but be flustered when Kuroo leaned back while munching.

His lips contorted into a smirk at her flustered expression. His hazel eyes locked into her deepset ones. She could only avert her gaze and focus on the onigiri in her hand. She could feel Kuroo's gaze at her, which made her blush worse.

Her fingers grazed her wrist where he held her. She wouldn't deny that his touch sent tingles down her spine. Meanwhile, Kuroo mentally scolded himself for not refraining from teasing her. However, her tempting expressions made him act like that.

Y/N sat beside him, lost in her thoughts. This was just another time in the last two days that he got her shy. The feeling that she got while shopping resurfaced. Still, she couldn't pinpoint what it was.

She could still feel the butterflies fluttering in her stomach every time his face appeared in her mind. She placed her hand on heart. It was beating furiously, and she feared that he might be able to hear it from beside her as well.

Her hammering heart, the butterflies in her stomach, the tingles she felt, and the strange yet warm feeling only made her confused even more.

"Spacing out again, Y/N?"

Her heart skipped a beat at his soft voice. She shook her head and continued eating the snack.

Kuroo brought his laptop from his room and started working. His glasses were perched up at his nose. She sighed exasperatedly as he wasn't resting when he should.

She scrolled through her phone and chatted with Kiyoko. She came across a post of a couple, which made a question bubble up in her mind. She glanced at Kuroo, whose eyes were stuck on the laptop screen.

"Um.. Kuroo.."

Had she not been sitting beside him, he might've missed her voice. It was quiet and laced with hesitation. His fingers stopped typing, and he looked at her with a questioning face.

"Do you.. do you -"

'Like someone?'

Her lips stopped, and she sighed. He waited for her to complete her question.

"Ah, never mind. Sorry to disturb you."

He placed his laptop at the table and turned to her. His eyesbrows were furrowed with worry.

"You sure? Is something bothering you?"

She shook her head and gestured for him to go back to his work. He hesitated for a while before taking his laptop. Meanwhile, she tried to focus on her chatting.

She didn't know why the question popped into her mind. She couldn't understand her feelings.

Kuroo could only watch her in concern, knowingwell that something was bothering her. But he respected her boundaries and didn't pester her further.