It doesn't end there...

RIKA

I could not believe it, no. I cannot believe it. My own friend killed somebody, even though it was to protect us and to get revenge... But, killing someone? My dear, sweet Shiro, a soft-spoken girl had killed someone? My mouth felt dry, and I stared at her, expressionless. Rei was also there, but she almost died... And what did I do? Watch? Watch while Shiro begins her rampage and kills that man? To see Emily and Trenna die right in front of me? I am weak, truly weak. I clenched my fists; my tears pricked my eyes. I tried to reach for Shiro, my beloved friend, but even I had limits. My arms came to a halt, and all I saw was Shiro--with a gentle smile-- sigh. She knew that killing someone would change my perspective of her, she knew that... But... She killed him anyway. "Shiro..." I tried to say, but nothing came out. Nothing. Rei reached for Shiro, and in return, Shiro gave her a tight embrace. My mouth gaped, I am truly pathetic, aren't I? I cannot even thank my friend who saved me, killed someone for me... My tears were escaping onto my cheeks, and I choked through a sob. Great, I am crying. I have always been a crybaby, and now? Now I am crying, I do not deserve to cry, but I am crying. My cheeks were flushed, and my vision felt blurry due to my tears. I wanted to sleep, I wanted to be comforted. But here Shiro and Rei were almost killed, and I want to be comforted? Shiro put away her knife, and her knees plummeted onto the ground. The adrenaline she was feeling was gone, and I couldn't even speak a word to her. Rei swiftly pulled Shiro's arm, but Shiro gave a heavy sigh. My body was frozen, and Rei gave me a sour look. I know I must do something, I know, but everything feels uneasy. I took a step, and squeezed my eyes shut. I felt a grip onto my hand, and it hauled me to the floor. "Rika?" The voice was tender and soft, and I reopened my eyes.

I saw Shiro smiling sweetly at me, with her face flushed with red as well. Rei stroked my black hair, and the world was spinning. I wanted to yell, scream, even punch Shiro. It was stupid killing that man, but she had too, I know she had too. Crimson was spreading all around us, and Rei was ripping her clothes to wipe the remaining blood from Shiro's face. Shiro was closing her eyes, she looked pale and unwell, making me feel queasy. Rei tapped my shoulder, "What?"

"I'm going to get help, all right? You stay here with Shiro." Her voice cracked and I could hear the anxiety in her voice, everything was changing. My friend is a murderer, Emily and Trenna are dead, and Rei almost died. I glared at Shiro's face, breathing heavily, and I felt her cheek. Her cheek was not cold, so I checked her pulse. It was there, she is alive, but not well. I need Shiro, I need her alive. I squeezed her hands, her hands were much bigger than mine, but it was warmer. I laced my fingers over hers and held her into a tight embrace. Feeling her warm but unsteady breath on my neck, I clenched onto her shirt. My fingers were squeezed too tight from Shiro, but it is fine, because I know she wants to know if I am here. She does not want to lose another friend, to live in that nightmare once again. So, I squeezed her hand back to signal I am here, that I am not dead.

I heard footsteps echo in the darkness, I perked up. I felt Shiro trying to move her hands into her pocket, but I stopped her. She is too weak, let alone try to kill someone again. I jolted up, swallowing every few seconds. The face appeared, I gritted my teeth, ready to pull Shiro and flee. But I was still breathing heavily, I was still scared. I prayed that it was Rei and not some murderer trying to kill us.

I saw the face appear, and relief washed over me. "Rei!" I exclaimed; her face seemed gloomy. My eyes glanced at her hands; it was in handcuffs. "Rei?" My voice was unsteady, but her face was pleading a message, a message of despair. "You have got to go, a witness saw Shiro murdering this guy, and they saw you and me too."

I looked at her quizzically, there was no way we could go to jail, right? She was mouthing something, and I dragged Shiro along. Shiro's eyes jolted open as she tugged on my sleeve, "We've got to go, now."

She nodded as if it was not a surprise and jogged along beside me. "Where is Rei?" She asked quietly, and I inhaled. "She is most likely going to prison-"

"What?" Shiro's face swiftly turned into a frown.

"I have a plan though!"

That was a lie, I have no plan. I just hope that Shiro will believe me and not try to go back. I do not want her to go to jail nor Rei, but she is already in handcuffs. How could we save her?

"There are no sirens." Shiro said bluntly, I came to a halt. It all sank in, there were no sirens. So why was she cuffed? And not only that... But who cuffed her? The look of concern deeply integrated into my face, and Shiro laughed nervously.

If it is not the police, who is it?