WHEN HE LOSES HIS COMPOSURE...?

SHIRO

After I scolded Anderson, he gave me a series of "Oh really?" and "Totally." I looked behind and put my hands to my hips, making a look of aggravation. I looked to Kosame who was opening the car trunk. I looked about another minute and knew something was off. This time I was staring as I saw him jump a little, his eyes planted on whatever was in there. I looked at José who was staring at him as well. I was questioning what was going on because it was as if José knew something, it was as if something just dawned on him. He cracked his neck and twisted his fingers in a weird way, which I found unusual. Even though I couldn't see his face, something felt strange. There was slight psychotic behavior to what he just did. Anderson was saying something to me, but it came out as muffled due to my intent listening and staring, that was completely focused on José and Kosame. Anderson tilted his head in slight confusion, he then started to look at what I was seeing. He looked back at me, "I'll go check it out, don't worry." I nodded, praying that he was right. Anderson walked over there, with an anxious look in his eyes.

"What's happening?" I muttered to myself; my lip quivered. I felt tempted to go over there with Anderson, but I realized that he probably could do this by himself. Still, I felt curious, almost drawn to the situation. Anderson reached them and his face became a little pale, I heard a bit of chattering. I grit my teeth, what is in the trunk? Something dangerous? José looked at him and smiled, like he was playing something off. But that smile...that wasn't the same innocent smile as the person I was just with, it was dangerous, just like how he was questioning me. I saw José try to explain something, but I couldn't exactly hear him even if I wanted to. Anderson's face relaxed, but I glanced over at Kosame's face, his face still nervous. I bit my lip, thoughts swirling, creeping up to me. The same doubting thoughts came to me about José again, even after I ruled him out that he wasn't dangerous.

Now they were walking towards me, Anderson smiling and joking around. As for Kosame, his face was suspicious, and he was eyeing José like he was a criminal. I sensed something fishy, as if something in the trunk...no, José wouldn't be that person. He is perfectly innocent, in fact, I wouldn't even believe it if something said he was a murderer! Kosame came up to me with a horrific look and whispered something in my ear, "I think José might be..." He paused and looked at José, I turned to look at him, "Might be?" I gulped, don't tell me..."Nevermind, it's nothing. Probably just thirsty, there was no water in the first place." I could tell he was a bit hesitant, and I sighed, "Okay, but...are you sure there is nothing? I mean..." I looked away. I mean, I'm not saying José is like, y'know, suspicious, but he is...acting weird.

"I am one hundred percent sure, darling!" He laughed, but I could tell that he had doubted himself halfway. I turned, my doubts once again filling my mind. "Okay, sure. But I am NOT your darling." I walked away from him, and I turned to José. He now had the same innocent expression, not the same when he was by the trunk. I wondered if I was just imagining it... I shook my head and looked at José again. He smiled sweetly as he looked straight ahead. I investigated his expression more, and his details. He had dark hair that looked pretty fluffy now that I see it from this angle. His expression was young, and he had slanted eyes. This time I was questioning whether he was actually Mexican or not. His detective hat fell forward over his eyes, and he grumbled as he clumsily fixed it into position, his eyes darted to me as he realized I was watching him, and his face turned beet red, and he turned away while adjusting his coat. How could someone as innocent and adorable as him be suspicious! I scoffed aloud. I started to relax a little. I watched him again, and his eyes stared directly into mine again, his face as red as ever, he waved his hands at me as if to say, "Stop looking!" I chuckled.

I smiled at him again, and looked at him intently, his face turning even more red (even more red from what I thought was even possible!) He puffed his cheeks and turned away, focusing on Anderson. He seemed rather relieved, as if he were free from the teasing. I turned to Anderson, his blonde, pale hair almost reaching to his eyes. And when I look at him closer, his eyes are certainly beautiful. His hazel eyes glimmer and shine, I wouldn't be so surprised if he woos many girls' hearts. He also had a genuinely nice facial physique, people probably envied him because of his good looks.

Kosame frowned and appeared right in my vision, I jerked back. "What are you doing?" I sighed, he chuckled, "You checking the guys out?" He paused to see my reaction, I groaned. "So, what if I am? What are you going to do about it?" I smirked, "So... Anderson is your type or something? Hmm, handsome guys are your thing, huh?" I stood there agape, "Um, excuse me, Anderson is not my type. Besides, why do you care?" almost immediately after saying that I heard Anderson, struggling not to laugh. "You, shut." I spoke. This time José was trying not to laugh. I stood there in silence, trying to process what happened. "So, Anderson isn't your type? Well, I thought so, after all, guys like Anderson are way out of your league." Kosame shrugged; my face started to turn red. "Oh yeah?" I clenched my fists, José and Anderson started to laugh. I glared at them maliciously, they turned silent. Kosame started to back up, "Wait--I was joking! Hold on!"

"So, what was it about Anderson being out of my league?" I smiled, Kosame laughed nervously, "Ah, well, nothing." José blurted out, "Why don't we get inside? It sure would be quite lovely!" Anderson grinned, "Nice save." Kosame gave him a thumbs-up while I grumbled, "Fine."

I was surprised to see the hospital being normal, like the whole fiasco of that murderer was nothing. I held my breath, waiting for any danger to come, but there wasn't any. Kosame tapped my shoulder, "Wanna find the girls?" I beamed at him, "Of course!" José and Anderson looked at us, "What 'cha guys talking about?" Anderson asked, Kosame answered before me. "We're trying to find her friends." José looked at me, "Can I come as well? I have nothing better to do." I nodded, "I am sure my friends would love to have you."

Anderson also joined us, and we went to the front desk. A new receptionist was there instead of the other nurse I saw when I first checked in. I felt bad, even a little guilty. She probably would be traumatized if she lived through that night. "We would like to visit Rei and Rika." Kosame asked, the receptionist nodded, "Last names?"

"Shima and Suzuki." I answered, they nodded, "You'll see them in about five minutes." I sighed and sat down on one of the waiting chairs. José and Kosame sat beside me, I started to ease up a bit. I wanted to see Rika and Rei badly, I even started to count the time. Finally, they called us, my eyes brightened. Somebody called my name and I smiled, "Guys!" I yelled out, Rika and Rei started to pounce on me and squeezing me, I couldn't help but squeeze back. Rika looked over at Kosame, "Hey, you're back as well!" She smiled and Rei chuckled, Kosame sighed, "Yeah." José and Anderson seemed lost, and I stepped back, "I'll introduce you guys." I started. "Rei and Rika," I said, pointing at Anderson and José's direction, "These two lovely gentlemen are Anderson and José. And you two, these are my friends, Rei and Rika." I finished. Rei and Anderson immediately started a conversation. I couldn't process what they were saying but what seemed like after a few minutes passing, they were already best friends. "Looks like you've been replaced." Kosame whispered to me. "Shut." I replied, this time not bothering to give an exaggerated reaction. Meanwhile after me and Kosame joined in with Rei and Anderson's conversation, I realized... "Wait what are Rika and José doing?" I muttered. I turned around to see them standing next to each other awkwardly. As I stared longer, I happened to notice Rika's face turning very red, which was out of character. Oh, this ought to be good. "Kosame come look at this." I motioned him to look over in their direction, in which he leaned closer. I could tell Rika was trying to avoid any conversation and eye contact. Every time Rika looked toward somewhere else, José would look at her, and each time he did, his face turned beet red, and his eyes had a picture of bliss. And the same thing happened vice versa. Kosame was struggling not to laugh again. He saw the same thing I did. "Oh, they totally like each other." Kosame said, curling his lips in order not to laugh. I chuckled, "They sure do." I was sort of confused, after all, Rika is very picky about who she likes. But now she falls for a guy she just met? I chuckled, I would have a problem, but it is José, he is the most innocent guy to ever exist.