THERE AREN'T ENOUGH WORDS FOR 'AWKWARD.'

SHIRO

I shot up, breathing heavily from the dream. I looked around my surroundings to find I was confined in some sort of room. I tried to move my hands, but they were handcuffed to the table. I saw a door in front of me. I trembled, where am I? I saw a person come in, he looked like he was Mexican. He had short black hair with tan skin, he was dressed in a black trench coat, which made me assume he was a detective. He also had one of those detective hats you find in movies, I cringed, he really wants to be known as a detective, huh? He sat down in the chair in front of me, he smiled, "I'm detective José Garcia, nice to meet you, Miss Shiro."

I nodded my head, "Yeah, thanks. But, I'm wondering, what am I doing here? You do know that I beat that murderer at the hospital? I'm not a criminal or anything!" I gulped and glanced at his face. Actually... I've been one ever since the day when Trenna and Emily... he chuckled. "Yes, I am fully aware that you have put down the murderer. But I'm asking you of what happened that night, we need as much information as we can. We have already asked your friend, Kosame, about some things. He answered truthfully, and I hope you can do that as well." I straightened my back; he was making me nervous. "Ah, what happened that night? Well, I mean, he murdered people, smeared their guts against walls, and just played some 80's song on the speakers." I looked at José again, he nodded his head for me to go on, "Kosame looked for my friends, and we left them in a room in case they got hurt. Then we went down to find the guy and found him along with a sea of bodies. Kosame and I took care of him, and then you know what happened next."

He nodded, "I see. Your friend, Kosame, said similar things as well. May I ask another question, though?" I nodded reluctantly, "Blast away." I muttered under my breath. "Do you have any relationship with this man? Or any idea why he came into the hospital?" He looked at me with an intent look in his eyes, as if I were the criminal. "Uh--I mean, no? He was trying to give me some 'painless' death, I guess? And he was just a mentally disoriented, and just had a dark past." I shrugged, but I felt as if he were trying to creep up on me, trying to find information. "Any idea why he gave you a 'painless' death?" He cocked his eyebrow, I shook my head, "He most likely took pity on me. This is probably because I tried to approach him."

He pursed his lips, "I see." He paused to look up at me glumly, I tilted my head, "Ah--Anyways! Did the man say any information we can use? Or did he do any actions that would hint anything?" I could tell that he lost his composure for a moment, thoughts kept swirling at me, but I cleared my throat. "Uh, no. I mean...He smeared guts over everywhere, I guess? He played 80's songs as well."

I could tell he was lost in thought, and he looked up at me again, "Yeah, we'll look into that." He tapped his fingers against the table, tapping repeatedly. I didn't question it. What could it signal? His eyes darted at me, and I looked away, "By the way, how will you look into it?" He smiled, "I have my ways."

The way he said it was weird...No, not weird...But, creepy. It was like he would watch me, I shivered. He didn't look scary, but when he loses his composure? Scary.

José tapped his fingers on the table again and grinned, "Well, that should be it. After you answer this one question of course." I sighed in relief. "Yes sir?" I asked. Getting anxious, I wanted to get out of here and slander Kosame. I chuckled at the thought. "So would you like to explain why you even decided to go after him?" he asked. My smile faded, and my forehead started sweating. My mouth suddenly felt very dry, which made me realize how dehydrated I was."I just thought it was the right thing to do. All those people were going to die if I didn't do anything." I replied. I was incredibly nervous, there was a cold sweat already dripping down my neck. "I see. Then you are free to go." He smiled and unlocked the handcuffs. Thank goodness. I sighed. My hands were shaking, making a faint clanking sound against the table. "Shall we go?" José opened the door, I reluctantly nodded.