31: Eat My Sh-

"I can hook it up, the horse is ready."

"I got it," Namjoon shook his head, taking the small trailer and carrying it over to the horse, hooking up the trailer to its saddle securely. On its back it carried loose materials, from wires to aluminum posts to other pieces of metal. The miscellaneous arrangement was looked over by a focused Namjoon, but he nodded and looked over at Jin, satisfied.

"Everything is there."

The day had started off with business as usual. On a colder morning, Jin and Namjoon prepared everything for the next delivery to Dong-Seok. The troubled neighbor had radioed in, asking for spare parts and material that could be used to fortify their gates. A small wave of freaks had pushed their way through, slowly picked off at odd hours of the night by a disgruntled Dong-Seok and a sleepy Evan. The attack had come out of nowhere, but the two had stopped it in its tracks.

"You should wear a jacket," Mara suggested, looking Jungkook up and down with disapproval. The boy had come from him room in only a long sleeve and black jeans. Though the sun had risen, she worried over the cold breeze that hit the forest where little warmth poked through. Jungkook had been assigned the delivery alone, and though this didn't sit right with Mara, she had no say in the matter. The boy had accepted it without a complaint either, saying something about "facing the real world alone every now and then."

"Ugh," Jungkook groaned, "Im gonna get hot."

Mara shrugged, "Then you take it off. It's better than having no choice but to be cold."

Jungkook's shoulders went slack, and he closed his eyes with a resigned sigh. Just then, a busy Jin passed through the living room where the other two stood, eyes scanning and looking away. Jin did a double take, noticing Jungkook's lack of layered clothing.

"Ah-ah. Jacket. Now," he ordered.

"I'm already....doing it, God," Jungkook grumbled, stomping back into his room and resurfacing with a jacket in hand. Mara chuckled to herself, admiring how even when clearly busy and distracted, Jin seemed to still show concern. It was such a brotherly demand.

"Happy?" Jungkook playfully snapped.

Mara nodded, satisfied.

"We need you back soon, but don't put too much strain on the wagon, it could-" Jin pulled Jungkook outside by the arm, the conversation growing faint as they left Mara in the living. She bid a fading goodbye and smiled to herself, going to the back door instead and exiting, bumping into a quiet Jimin. After yesterday's debacle, the two refrained from speaking to each other. There was no scorn in Jimin's eyes, and she noticed his timid body language, however, she was too upset to really pay too much attention. The girl felt a rancor after Jimin had left her in the dark—quite literally. He had turned his back on her for reasons unknown to her, but she held back from saying anything. Mara refused to continue fighting with anyone, even Namjoon. The girl had been notified by Jin that a vote would be taking place by the end of the day. She didn't feel as nervous as she probably should've felt, and though she dreaded being alone again, she fully accepted her fate—whatever it would be.

Tired out from the emotional stress, the girl had slept in for a little too long, only able to catch Jungkook minutes before leaving. His odd request to play board games at night when they should've been going to bed had lightened her stress slightly, and when she did get to bed, it was with a smile on her face.

The girl now dreaded having no one else to talk to that she wasn't upset with. Sure, there was Jin, but the lad had been working with Namjoon all morning, and she refrained from even stepping into the man's radar. He hadn't said much to her in a while, but then again, he didn't quite like her so it made sense.