52: Stained Reputation

"That's not funny, Tae."

"I'm not trying to be funny."

Jimin's concerned gaze remained on Taehyung, in disbelief of what he'd just revealed. Jimin abruptly stood up, his hands running down his face as he paced back and forth. Taehyung's hands turned into fists, and he nibbled at his bottom lip.

"Are you absolutely sure about it? She's going to be fucking pissed, Taehyung," Jimin whisper-yelled, exhaling in exasperation.

"I know..." Taehyung sighed, "I know."

"Why didn't you say anything yesterday?!" Jimin snapped, shrugging incredulously. Taehyung shook his head, staring down at the ground with a scowl.

"I thought maybe I was seeing things...but I definitely saw it happen," Taehyung looked disturbed.

"You should've said something right then and there," Jimin scolded.

"Shit would've gone down," Taehyung muttered, "And it'll still probably go down but I'm sure Namjoon will try to be as civilized as possible. Sam and Namjoon are reasonable."

"Who's to say Sam didn't ask the bitch to do it?" Jimin rushed out, "Fucking hell, what if it's all a ploy to destroy us? What if that's just a warning from Hyunjae?" He speculated.

"I highly doubt it," Taehyung denied, "It wouldn't make sense for them to bring us resources, to let us in on their plans if they were just going to end us. It's Hoseok's brother, too. Besides, I've been watching the way Haneul has been acting. Her behavior has been off, especially towards Mara," he said.

Jimin frowned, "What? What do you mean?"

Taehyung sighed, "Haneul has been on Mara's ass for the passed couple of days. Namjoon told me to keep an eye on the two of them just to make sure they didn't start a fight. And it's gotten pretty close," Taehyung explained.

Jimin's eyes widened, "That bad?"

Taehyung nodded, "Haneul really has it out for Mara."

"Why, though? What could Mara possibly have that Haneul doesn't already have."

Taehyung shrugged, "That's what I'm trying to figure out. It looks to me like Haneul wants to replace Mara in some way. Maybe she thinks Mara is on some sort of spotlight, and Haneul wants to take it from her," Taehyung shook his head, "And it sounds ridiculous-"

"Because it is ridiculous. Haneul knows nothing about what Mara had been through to stay here," Jimin gave Taehyung a pointed look, to which the latter pressed his lips in a thin line.

"She doesn't know the kind of treatment she's endured," Jimin muttered, "So Haneul is clueless and hellbent on her own delusions."

"I'm not saying that's what it is-"

"Then what else could it be?" Jimin threw his hands up.

Taehyung tilted his head, thoughtful gaze staring out the window, "You noticed how Haneul is practically glued to one specific person?"

Jimin frowned, but soon came to a realization. Jimin facepalmed.

"You're joking."

"Just a theory."

"Haneul."

The girl didn't move, not until Jungkook leaned away, brows furrowed softly. Haneul's smile fell, but her hand remained on his cheek. Jungkook took her wrist, gently pushing her hand away from his face and taking a step back.

"Are you sure you're not confused?" He asked, trying to be polite, "I understand a crush maybe, but you and I barely know each other. Not only that but you're leaving practically tomorrow," Jungkook softly chuckled. Haneul looked devastated, still blushing but out of embarrassment.