33: No Other Way

TW: Reader discretion advised!

——

"He just wanted to help."

A distressed Jin cried as he writhed in pain. He could not be moved too much without causing pain, but the injury to his arm was far too severe to leave untreated. Namjoon required the help of all those around, attempting first to help Jin down the ladder by carefully placing him over his shoulder. He did so with only some yelps and grunts from Jin, who had begun to turn pale. He climbed down he ladder with ease, stepping on ground and gently putting Jin down as to not make the trip a lot more uncomfortable for him than it already was.

"I'm gonna puke," Jin gagged, inhaling sharp breaths as he leaned on Namjoon for support.

"You're gonna be fine. Just try to stay awake for me," Namjoon soothed, and Jimin couldn't imagine the strength it took to stay put together in times of crisis. When things got worse, Namjoon seemed to remain level-headed.

"I'm gonna have four of you stay here," Namjoon sternly spoke, huffing as he basically carried Jin hurriedly towards the back door, "If they try to come in again, use your guns. Our walls our sturdy enough to handle some freaks. Don't spare them. They know what they were getting themselves into."

"What do you mean four of us stay here? Where are you going?" Jimin asked, attempting to hold up Jin's other side but retracting at his groans of pain. Jimin grimaced at the blood that pooled on Jin's shirt, eyes trailing up the makeshift arrow plunged into his shoulder.

"She knows where they are. She's taking me there whether she wants to or not," Namjoon seethed, "This has all been over her."

Jimin let out an exasperated sigh as they made it back inside. Once at the infirmary, they came upon Taehyung, who had already set things out to start working on Jin's injury. Jin seemed to notice this, a tired smile twitching on his lips despite his watery eyes.

"Get him on the bed carefully," Taehyung demanded, "And leave him to me. Go do what you have to do." Taehyung lathered his hands in alcohol, the smell causing Jin to scrunch his nose. Once he was on the bed, Taehyung got to work. Jin seemed to grow increasingly upset.

"I tried to stop them," Jin looked into Namjoon's eyes, and the leader nodded sympathetically.

"You did what you could," Namjoon reassured.

Jin turned to Taehyung, his voice growing soft and helpless, "I tried. They just came out of nowhere and took him. He was just trying to help."

"I know. Shh. Lay on your good side for me," Taehyung gently guided in hushed voice.

Jimin followed Namjoon out, voice wavering with anxiety, "Please don't be so harsh. She's just as scared as we all are-"

Namjoon didn't spare him a glance, interrupting Jimin only by speeding up. His clenched jaw and taut shoulders said everything for him. His eyes would shift, and he seemed to have a lot on his mind, and so did Mara as she watched the lodge from afar.

"Everything is fine," Jungkook said aloud. Hoseok cursed under his breath in frustration, eyes meeting the back of Mara's head with a radiating fury.

"This is all because of you!" He accused, Jungkook throwing a glare at him. Hoseok was unfazed, instead pointing to her with an open hand.

"Is that what you bring to the table? Problems and crazy fucking people?!" He exclaimed, turning to Jungkook, "You too! Since you want to defend her so badly, go and fight her battles with her! Hell, turn yourself in to those people with her. Be my fucking guest," Hoseok stepped closer to Jungkook, face right in his and his voice dripping with venom, "When are you gonna face it? Some people just aren't worth saving."