Chapter 21

Warning: Mentions of self harm (it's mentioned a lot)

I'm absolutely furious. What the fuck did Jared say to Cait?! My imprint carved the word worthless into her arm because of him! I will never be able to forgive him for this, and I'm positive that she'll find it just as difficult. Her own brother caused her to feel so low about herself that she resorted to this? I have never felt more disgusted or disappointed in my life. Of course when I say that, I'm referring to Jared's behaviour. I could never be disgusted or disappointed in Caitlyn. Sure I'm extremely hurt that she's done this, but I know she has a reason. She's always said that no matter what her life came to, she'd never go that far. Maybe it wasn't as bad as it looked?

Right now all I care about is beating Jared's sorry ass to a pulp.

"Jared!" I yelled, nearing the pack

How dare he treat my imprint so bad that she self harmed?!

I spotted him outside Sam's house, a questioning look on his face as I stormed towards his frozen figure.

His eyes suddenly widened as he saw the anger on my face.

"Paul-"

"You fuckin son of a bitch! What did you do to Cait?!" I screamed, almost kicking him in the balls when Jacob and Sam ran out and pushed me back.

"Paul calm down-"

"No! No I will not calm down!" I bellowed, pushing Jacob away as I neared Jared, on the verge of completely phasing.

My claws were coming out and my teeth were changing, I could feel it.

"You're not the first person to wanna kick him in the balls you know?" Sam questioned, causing me to turn my head in his direction with a confused expression on my face.

Not the only one? Who else would dare start a fight with a werewolf?

"What?"

"Leah? She came here just an hour ago and kicked Jared in the balls, yelling something about Caitlyn I think" Sam informed me, a slight smirk on his face when he mentioned what Leah had done...

Leah?! Wow, I gotta give the girl more credit. I mean I usually hate her cuz she always seems so whiny and moody but this? This I gotta thank her for. In all fairness though, Jared deserves much worse.

"What did he say to Cait? Jacob tell me now"

Jacob stared at me like a deer caught in headlights, Sam rolling his eyes at the panicking shapeshifter as he stuttered to answer.

"Just spit it out Jacob. He'll find out eventually anyway" Sam ordered, shifting to stand beside Jared, almost as if he knew I would be getting angrier...

"Er..."

I narrowed my eyes at Jacob, feeling my patience wearing thin as he sighed loudly.

"He yelled at her about going to the Cullens' house, and he . . . He brought up how their parents never cared about her. He kinda manhandled her a bit too"

"He what?!"

"He didn't mean to hurt her I promise!"

I turned back, visibly shaking as Jared seemingly paled at my expression.

Good. At least he knows that he really fucked up.
"YOU FUCKING DICKHEAD! DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH YOU HURT HER?! SHE FUCKIN SELF HARMED BECAUSE OF YOU!" I roared, feeling all of my restraint melt away as I immediately phased, baring my teeth at Jared.

He froze, staring wide eyed at me, as if only just realising how serious the situation is.

Fucking idiot.