Chapter 24

(A/N: The song on the side is Don't Go by JLS - I feel it describes Cait and Paul's current relationship very well. If the video doesn't play, just search the song in YouTube and check it out?)

Warning: Mentions of self harm (nothing too detailed but I feel like I should say it just in case)

******

Paul's POV (A/N: I know you guys love Paul's POV so enjoy :*)

After the altercation with Jared, I had to take a run in the woods in attempts to calm down. It took a while but I eventually accomplished it.

I just can't believe that Cait, MY Cait could ever feel so down that she'd result to self harm. It still hasn't sunk in. I don't think it will ever sink in that I was one of the people that caused it.

I'm a monster...

"Paul!"

I spun around to see Seth running towards me.

(A/n: Ayyyye Sethy is back *dances like a drunk ostrich* Heyy boo *creepy pedo face*)

"Cait-" he paused, panting slightly as he stood hunched over with his hands on his knees.

"What? What about Cait?"

"She- she's back. I've just been to her house with Jared. By the looks of it, she's been home for a few hours" He smiled, seeming relieved that his unofficial sister was back where she belonged.

He and Cait have a really cute friendship, she often acts more like a sister rather than a friend if I'm honest. She's always looking out for Seth, pinching his cheeks, ruffling his hair and calling him cute... And though Seth usually rolled his eyes and acted annoyed, everyone knew he loved it since Leah wasn't exactly an affectionate sister, she was more of a body guard if anything.

As unfair as it may seem, none of us have told Seth about why Cait ran off. He doesn't even know that she hurt herself, or that Jared and I fought earlier. Heck he doesn't even know that Jared and Cait got into an argument this morning over her friendship with the Cullens. Leah doesn't want him to know, none of us do. I know that even Cait would not want him to know, she'd be ashamed. She acts like a big sister to Seth, if she can't be strong then what was the point? What kind of role model would that make her? A realistic one but let's be honest, Caitlyn doesn't see the good in herself. I don't think she ever has.

"Thanks Seth" I yelled over my shoulder, already making my way towards Jared and Cait's house.

As soon as I arrived, I knew something was wrong. I could hear running and crying?

Cait!

I rushed inside the house, racing up the stairs taking 2 at a time. I was too worried about Cait to just walk up to her room calmly. I had to see her immediately.

I stopped outside her door though, the sight of her crying form trembling against a wall as Jared cautiously neared her made me want to run in there and hold her in my arms, take her away from everyone for a while so she could be happy again, but I knew that wouldn't go down well with her. She wouldn't want to go anywhere with me, not yet anyway.

I gasped when Cait sobbed loudly, my hands clenching painfully as I tried to restrain my wolf. I was pissed, and with reason too but it wouldn't do me well to phase right outside Cait's bedroom when she's only a few feet away, crying her eyes out and quivering in fear at the sight of her own brother. It wouldn't be a good idea at all.

I watched silently as Jared questioned her about her arm, her beautiful purple eyes widened, shining bright due to the unshed tears building in them.