Chapter 7

Paul's POV

I frowned as I watched my angel run out of the house, my heart clenching as I saw how eager she was to get away from us.

"I can't believe Sam's forcing me to stay away from my own imprint!" I snarled, unable to hide the irritation from my tone as I angrily punched the table.

Sam told us from the beginning that we can't let Cait near us because she could get hurt. But the fact that she's living with Jared, doesn't help the situation. And as much as I've tried, he won't change his decision!

I hate him for keeping me away from her!

If he hadn't ordered me to make her hate us then we could be happy together right now!

I've loved Cait for as long as I can remember and the fact that I've imprinted on her makes me incredibly happy.

She is my soul mate . . . and I wouldn't have it any other way.

At first I was apprehensive about the whole imprinting thing. I mean it seems a little intense. A little scary. Not that I'd admit that to anyone though.

I was worried at first, I was scared that if I imprinted on someone else then I wouldn't be able to have Cait in my life, since Sam said we aren't allowed to tell a human about us being werewolves. I know that even if I imprinted on someone else, I'd still want Cait in my life as a friend at least, but I wouldn't be able to because of that stupid rule! That's one of the reasons why I was hoping I'd imprint on Cait; the other being that I am deeply in love with her. Now that I've imprinted, I'm over the moon that she's the one meant for me.

The circumstances in which I found her weren't ideal or the least bit pleasant.

I remember walking into the kitchen, something compelling me to go which confused the hell out of me but I went anyway. When I got there I realised why I was feeling drawn to the room. My Cait was in danger. I know it sounds ridiculous that I knew she was in trouble, but strangely I did. I guess I just felt odd. Uneasy. It's almost always been like that, it's gotten stronger though since I phased. I know now that it was probably because she's my imprint. Every fibre of my being pushed me towards her, so I would realise the truth. Before yesterday; whenever it happened I ignored the urge to go near Cait, as much as I wanted to be closer I kept to a distance as I knew she wouldn't want me too close. But I always looked out for her. I'll still look out for her but I don't know if I'll be able to keep my distance now . . .

I can't get over what happened yesterday though. I still want to beat that guy to a pulp for even thinking of hurting MY imprint! She's mine! How dare he touch her?!

When I walked into the kitchen and saw Cait backed against the sink with that disgusting jerk pressed against her, I almost phased on the spot. The sound of her distressed voice sent my anger rocketing. My beautiful angel was scared, that much I could decipher without even looking at her. Her fear was practically rolling off of her in waves and the fact that she was feeling like that made me growl, though it seemed to go unnoticed by her and that asshole Ryan. I told him to back off as I pulled him away from Cait. When he fell to the floor, my eyes met Caitlyn's and I froze instantly. Her enticing purple eyes were wide in panic and she was looking around frantically until her eyes met mine and she relaxed considerably. As soon as our eyes locked, I knew that I imprinted. Our future flashed past my eyes as I took her in. She looked just as beautiful as she always does. She looked innocently sexy in that tight black top and those tiny little shorts of hers. Nothing short of a Goddess in my mind as my eyes raked over her petite form. Her silky brown hair was messy and fell down her back in beautiful bouncy curls. Her clothes were crumpled and her skin was flushed. She looked embarrassed and scared out of her mind with Ryan still near her but she seemed relieved to see me. I shook myself out of my daze when Jared pushed past me and pulled her into his arms. He told everyone to leave and I was glad when they listened, dragging Ryan out with them when Jared ordered for them to take him away. I'm happy that Caitlyn allowed Jared to hug her, because I saw how worried and scared he was for her. I knew that Jared would want to talk about me imprinting on his sister; but at that moment I didn't care. All I wanted was for Cait to be calm, for her to feel safe . . . for her to be in my arms. I was internally jumping with joy when Jared gently pushed her into my arms and she came without complaint. I knew she'd regret it later but at that moment I just watched her adoringly and carried her up to her room. I waited for her to fall asleep before I came back downstairs to help the boys, earning a stern talk from Jared. He -being the protective brother he is- told me to take care of her, not hurt her and to definitely not have sex with her until we're married or else he'll stop me seeing her. And the thought of never being with my imprint kills me. So I'm taking his warning seriously. Not that I would hurt her anyway but now I'll be making sure not do it even by accident, there's far too much at stake. I helped the boys clean up and then left. I went straight to Sam's, regretting it when I walked in on him and Emily having an intense makeout and got yelled at. But Sam instantly relaxed when I told him it was important. After I told him about Cait, he gave me the same speech as always. "Stay away from her" I wanted to rip his throat out when he said that but I had to control my anger, it was hard and I only succeeded when he ordered me to calm down. At that moment he pointed out that the reason I can't be around Cait yet is because of my anger. It gave me the reality check I needed. I can't risk phasing and hurting Cait in the process. I hate that we had to say those horrible things to her this morning but that was the only way to explain why we helped her without having to explain everything to her. We would have had to tell her why we've been treating her so badly the past few weeks and we're not allowed to that. At least not yet anyway.