Chapter 25

I can't believe Paul would actually corner me in the halls like that. Is he really that clueless? Is he really that stupid?!

I jumped as my phone suddenly began buzzing violently in my pocket, taking it out with a confused expression on my face.

Why is Bella calling me?

I answered the call, silently holding it to my ear.

"Hey Cait? Are you still at school?"

"No. I'm just on my way home now-"

"Ok good" She interrupted quickly, sounding very impatient.

"I need you to vote yes or no. I want Edward to turn me-"

"No" I answered immediately.

Is she stupid?! Why the heck would she want him to turn her into a vampire?!

"W-what? You didn't even listen to what I had to say" She complained, sounding slightly whiny.

Maybe it was the fact that I was in a bad mood but everything Bella said was irritating me so badly.

"Bella it's not safe for you to become a vampire. You could die! Do you not get that?!"

I tried explaining how dangerous it was but with Bella being the stubborn brat that she was, she wouldn't get it through her thick skull.

"Whatever" She sighed before ending the call.

I looked down at my phone with a scowl, Bella was such a brat sometimes. I love her usually but at times like this, she really gets on my nerves.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, rushing to get into the house before it started raining. The grey clouds had rolled in above me and I wasn't going to risk getting soaked.

I jogged the rest of the way, feeling the first few drops of rain fall on my cheek just as I reached the front door. I hurriedly opened the door and stepped inside, welcoming the warm air as I pulled off my jacket and dropped my bag at the bottom of the stairs. Food was more important.

I realised that missing meals and hurting myself wouldn't help, it'd just make everything worse. So from now on, I will try not to intentionally hurt myself again. Hopefully nothing too bad happens, I don't want something sending me back into that same mind set I was in when I drew those marks into my arm.

The fridge was mostly empty except for a few random vegetables in the drawer at the bottom. There was some frozen chicken in the freezer and depending on whether or not I could find them in the cupboard, I could make a great chicken stir fry with noodles. I quickly pulled out all the ingredients and started the meal, wanting to finish it before the boys got back.

"Why do you have to ruin everything?!"

I stopped in the middle of the kitchen, my train of thought broken at the sound of Bella's screeching.

Why is she here?

I rushed outside, following the sound of the shrill yelling and spotting Bella, Jared, Jacob and Paul stood by the garage. Jacob's whole frame was shaking as he and Jared stood a little away from Bella. From the looks of things, Jared seemed to be trying to calm Jacob down while Paul- God knows what Paul was trying to do. He was most likely supposed to be shutting Bella up but instead he seemed to be doing the opposite and antagonising her instead.